• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divinity - first new title character from Valiant gets its own CGC forum topic

231 posts in this topic

Welp, my 1:40 #1 Went for Grading with my very first batch of graded books!

A 9.9 LaRosa 1:40 variant had been added to the census. Here's hoping it goes to auction.

Welp, my 1:40 #1 Went for Grading with my very first batch of graded books!

A 9.9 LaRosa 1:40 variant had been added to the census. Here's hoping it goes to auction.

Holy smokes! I just got my 9.8 back this week. Congrats if it's a boardie!!!

Mine did not pass pre-screen. :(

So I likely have the only VF copy in existence. Thanks Mid-Town Comics! Superior grading skills on the NM. Not.

Debating on selling it and spending the extra $ to get a NM copy. Not even sure I would be able to sell a VF copy (at least here).

is the 1:40 the only one being collected.

Print run is pretty low on all the variants, including the 2nd through 5th printings.

The 1:40 is easily the "crown jewel" version, with a print run around 350 copies.

The 1:20 is likely around 700 copies and the 1:10 is around 1,400 copies.

It's not clear if the 2nd through 5th printings are around 1,500 copies each, or some other amount (but probably no more than 3,000).

The "least demand" version of Divinity #1 appears to be the blue "geometric" Cover B version, which was not an incentive, and doesn't have the appeal of the artwork on Cover A.

It's likely Cover A first printing is the most common version in existence, but it is probably 8,000 copies... which isn't much... and it's the first printing of the cover that was used for all the second through fifth printings.

There's probably not a "bad" version if any one of them can be had for cover price.

Print run is pretty low on all the variants, including the 2nd through 5th printings.

The 1:40 is easily the "crown jewel" version, with a print run around 350 copies.

It's not clear if the 2nd through 5th printings are around 1,500 copies each, or some other amount (but probably no more than 3,000).

The "least demand" version of Divinity #1 appears to be the blue "geometric" Cover B version, which was not an incentive, and doesn't have the appeal of the artwork on Cover A.

It's likely Cover A first printing is the most common version in existence, but it is probably 8,000 copies... which isn't much... and it's the first printing of the cover that was used for all the second through fifth printings.

There's probably not a "bad" version if any one of them can be had for cover price.

I have the La Rosa variant for issue #3. Was that a 1:20 or less? hm

It’s very nice. :)

I have the La Rosa variant for issue #3. Was that a 1:20 or less? hm

It’s very nice. :)

Divinity #3 LaRosa was a 1:20 on the 9,582 print run. Possibly 500 copies? hm

That's the 1:20 for Divinity #3. I read my notes wrong about the print run. It was 9,582... so the 1:20 would be about 500 copies. (thumbs u

Issue #3 introduces the two other cosmonauts, who are going to be featured in the Divinity II title in 2016.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/13/valiant-25-years-of-death-and-beyond-at-nycc-15/

Mine did not pass pre-screen. :(

So I likely have the only VF copy in existence. Thanks Mid-Town Comics! Superior grading skills on the NM. Not.

Debating on selling it and spending the extra $ to get a NM copy. Not even sure I would be able to sell a VF copy (at least here).

I know a guy over on valiantfans.com who is looking for a copy. Maybe head over there and tell him I sent you. He's a good friend of mine. Username is mkb28.

Why do the Divinity #1 books that are slabbed not have a comment about the book being the first appearance of Divinity (Abram Adams)? I have seen some articles discussing that the first appearance of Divinity was in Ivar, Timewalker #1 but I have seen slabbed copies of that book as well but with no comment(s). I thought that maybe since both are newer books that maybe a comment had not been confirmed by CGC or that there may be some argument about the first appearance.