• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 39 CGC Universal 4.5! A very PQ copy! SALE PENDING

61 posts in this topic

I have a very similar copy I purchased for a fair price a few years ago and it has turned out to be a fantastic investment. Not that I plan on selling it, but I enjoy knowing it has more than doubled in value in a relatively (for me) short time.

My apologies for dropping out. I deserve any heat I take on.

It's an amazing book.

You're a long-standing boardie. Do you really want to risk being placed on the PL/HOS over some "advice" given to you by some board member ?

Congrats, was seriously considering this one.

I had even gained wife preapproval!

It's more than a little disturbing with these deals going sideways. I consider this forum a very pure and honorable marketplace and would like to see it stay that way.

Glad to see the book sold. Maybe now we can hear more details about the non sale mishap. The first 'buyer' said he had a line on another copy. In another thread it was mentioned that probably the 'buyer' was backing out so he could go back and purchase the first copy.

bzMwBndh.gif

But seriously, congrats to both!

Yep, everyone who knows me knows that when I say I'm buying something I mean it.

One time at SDCC I put aside a Wonder Woman # 1 at Terry O'Neil's table on the first day (they were a lot cheaper back then) and walked around for two days - when I went back Terry was saying someone kept asking about the book and even offered him more for it, but he kept it for me.

I think this kind of stuff is important.