• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omega Men 3 Lobo thread
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Hoping some of you Lobo fans will appreciate this one...just rec'd yesterday.

From one of the greatest comics of all time, the Paramilitary Xmas Special. Couldn't be more thrilled to finally own a Bisley Lobo page. :whee:

LoboXMasPg37_zpseyenel9d.jpg

I find it hard to believe there are zero 9.9's on the census, and over 600 9.8's. There are so many high grade copies out there. I know a friend who has a short box of raw 9.8's.

You know why that's the case. CGC overprotects the 9.9 grade.

It makes absolutely zero statistical sense that there are 673 9.8s, and not a single 9.9. That defies statistics...unless there's a conscious effort to overprotect the 9.9 grade, which is what CGC has always done.

Unfortunate, but reality.

Lobo is one of those characters, and Omega Men #3 is one of those books, that you wonder weather the clock will run out on all the movie madness before he gets his day in the sun again... or does he suddenly reemerge in a big way at some point?

I'm thinking the latter, but you never know...

Edited by fmaz

I find it hard to believe there are zero 9.9's on the census, and over 600 9.8's. There are so many high grade copies out there. I know a friend who has a short box of raw 9.8's.

You know why that's the case. CGC overprotects the 9.9 grade.

It makes absolutely zero statistical sense that there are 673 9.8s, and not a single 9.9. That defies statistics...unless there's a conscious effort to overprotect the 9.9 grade, which is what CGC has always done.

Unfortunate, but reality.

Yeah, I've read the article. ;) One thing I'll say, is that the upper and sometimes lower spine corners are split, slightly rounded, and almost all the time has some color loss. Maybe they're holding out for one that doesn't have these flaws. But yes, 673 of them? That's just ridiculous. They have to have come across a worthy copy by now.

On June 16, 2015 at 6:23 AM, chrisco37 said:

Hoping some of you Lobo fans will appreciate this one...just rec'd yesterday.

From one of the greatest comics of all time, the Paramilitary Xmas Special. Couldn't be more thrilled to finally own a Bisley Lobo page. :whee:

LoboXMasPg37_zpseyenel9d.jpg

That's an awesome page

On 19/6/2015 at 6:40 PM, B-Smooth said:

Yeah, I've read the article. ;) One thing I'll say, is that the upper and sometimes lower spine corners are split, slightly rounded, and almost all the time has some color loss. Maybe they're holding out for one that doesn't have these flaws. But yes, 673 of them? That's just ridiculous. They have to have come across a worthy copy by now.

There are now 1158 9.8 in the census :ohnoez:

Still no 9.9 or 10.0