• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

I would not be surprised if that was his only appearance in this movie.

I guess I wouldn't be either, but wouldn't he be such a cool character to eventually wind up as an Avenger? hm

That would take me back to the 1970's Avengers I loved as a kid.

:whee:

I guess I wouldn't be either, but wouldn't he be such a cool character to eventually wind up as an Avenger? hm

Then, why not an Avengers appearance? That's where I remember him from. (shrug)

Because they can't all be introduced in the main series of Avengers movies - that would be overcrowded and unbelievable. Rather, having them be introduced in these brand new franchises allows them their small chance in the spotlight before eventually being brought into the Avengers fold.

Because they can't all be introduced in the main series of Avengers movies - that would be overcrowded and unbelievable. Rather, having them be introduced in these brand new franchises allows them their small chance in the spotlight before eventually being brought into the Avengers fold.

I guess, but there is so much more associated with the Wonder Man/Vision/Grim Reaper storyline in the Avengers. Leave Thanos to the cosmic heroes for now.

All the inexpensive Avengers 9 got gobbled up yesterday. I was thinking about grabbing a CGC 6.0 at about GPA but passed. The cheapest copy is pretty much double GPA.

I sold my raw 7.0 for $300 yesterday before I read the news. Still got my CGC 8.5 & 9.2 though. Feels like Marvel is leaning towards the Masters of Evil. I think we can probably expect to see the Enchantress in Ragnarok then.

Talking to Tyler Bates...the composer. He says he is actually writing the music with James Gunn right now while the actors are on set and then they may go back in post production to change it a bit.

I'm trying to see if I can get any tidbits out of him...maybe he knows who Star-Lord's father is.

Talking to Tyler Bates...the composer. He says he is actually writing the music with James Gunn right now while the actors are on set and then they may go back in post production to change it a bit.

I'm trying to see if I can get any tidbits out of him...maybe he knows who Star-Lord's father is.

I can see it being Stallone as Starfox & Russell as Warlock.

So yes he knows who Star-Lord's father is....

He was able to confirm...

That he would be "sniped by the Disney mafia" if he revealed it.

But it was fun talking to him...

Got pictures:

0Ucrfx2m.jpg

He's on the left...

Signed album...

D8KoKQzm.jpg

I can see it being Stallone as Starfox & Russell as Warlock.

Stallone = The Stranger

Russell = The Gardener

or even better, the old team makes a cameo.

Stallone = Charlie 27

Russell = Vance Astro

Some info has leaked that I saw on Marvel Reddit. Rumors of Kurt Russell's character...

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain

That explains some action I see on Defenders 28 on eBay. If this is true I like it, I think Russell would be fantastic as Starhawk. I just wish I already bought high grades of Defenders 27/28 :pullhair:

Some info has leaked that I saw on Marvel Reddit. Rumors of Kurt Russell's character...

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain

That explains some action I see on Defenders 28 on eBay. If this is true I like it, I think Russell would be fantastic as Starhawk. I just wish I already bought high grades of Defenders 27/28 :pullhair:

That's odd, I thought he was suppose to be an unknown race! Starhawk is human/enhanced humanoid. I guess they will change that too.

YES! Called this the minute I walked out of the theater lol. Hope this is true.

There Won't Be Other Main Human Characters In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.2

During the Q&A session, Gunn was asked as to whether Deadpool would find his way onto the Milano to join the Guardians in space.

"No, he couldn't, because he's owned by Fox," replied Gunn. "So, he cannot show up in a Marvel Studios movie. And also there are no humans in Guardians [of the Galaxy] Volume 2, basically. No main charac--"

Well, Star-Lord is technically not human, but that doesn't mean he won't be still adding the human element to the film. He was born on Earth (Terra) after all, and Gunn wants to make it clear that Peter Quill will always be human.

"For the record, I meant to say no primary human characters besides Peter Quill. Despite his mysterious heritage, I think of him as human."

James Gunn's fanbase having fun with Steven Spielberg.

Steven Spielberg Reveals His Favorite Marvel Studios Movie And It May Not Be The One You're Expecting

Spielberg loved James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, an opinion it's impossible to find fault with! Below is a translation (the article first appeared on Omelete, so we only have a Google translate version for the time being), though if reading that gives you a bit of a headache, a clearly grateful Gunn provided a better translation via his Twitter account.

"I like the Superman of Richard Donner, the Dark Knight , Christopher Nolan, and the first Iron Man , but superhero film that impressed me most is one that does not take itself too seriously: Guardians of the Galaxy . when his projection was over, I left with the feeling of having seen something new in movies, without any cynicism or fear of being dark when needed."

"There is a difference between heroes and superheroes. The hero is an ordinary person who is faced with a serious fact and acts to modify it. A hero is a person who, walking down the street, see a car on fire and runs help the person who is in the driver's seat, attached to the seat belt to loosen. Super-hero is a person who, on the same scene, would fly to the car and try to turn it upside down and shake it using his super strength , until the driver is released. I identify more with the first example. Filmo everyday heroes."

OBELELE.jpg

sgDEpaf.png