• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Will we see a Rom cameo? We have the Nova corps, why not some Spaceknights?

Rom's owned by somebody else, sadly. Can't remember who - but Nick will be along promptly, I'm sure!

If you check the Transformers 5 thread, this was posted about Rom supposedly showing up in that film.

Anyone read this over at Forbes this morning? Obviously it is all speculation but it would be rather cool.

Forbes Article

And there is this.

Paramount, Hasbro Creating Movie Universe Around G.I. Joe, Four Other Brands (Exclusive)

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro are embarking on a new universe of interrelated characters and stories. The studio — which is already in the process of expanding its Transformers universe after four movies based on that popular Hasbro toy line — is announcing a new deal with Hasbro on Tuesday that will see Paramount and Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, build an interconnected, cross-property onscreen universe featuring characters from five of Hasbro’s other brands: G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

So no. I don't think a Hasbro character is going to appear in a Marvel Studios film.

This came up in the Thor thread. But it would appear one appearance is the lead-in to Guardians 2.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Villain Reportedly Revealed

In a new report that supports months-old rumors, JoBlo is reporting that Elizabeth Debicki, who has been confirmed as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 cast but whose identity and role in the film have yet to be officially unveiled, will be playing the film's central antagonist, a villain known as Ayesha.

Also known as Kismet or Paragon in the comics, Ayesha was the "Her" to Adam Warlock's "Him," both of whom were genetic experiments created and imbued with cosmic power by a group called the Enclave.

animaux-6.jpg

This came up in the Thor thread. But it would appear one appearance is the lead-in to Guardians 2.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Villain Reportedly Revealed

In a new report that supports months-old rumors, JoBlo is reporting that Elizabeth Debicki, who has been confirmed as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 cast but whose identity and role in the film have yet to be officially unveiled, will be playing the film's central antagonist, a villain known as Ayesha.

Also known as Kismet or Paragon in the comics, Ayesha was the "Her" to Adam Warlock's "Him," both of whom were genetic experiments created and imbued with cosmic power by a group called the Enclave.

animaux-6.jpg

Perhaps we see the introduction of Quasar as well. Having Starhawk from the future, and being Kismet's son as well Quill's father... Should make some great comedy having the Guardians face off against Star Lord's grandmother. hm

but whose identity and role in the film have yet to be officially unveiled, will be playing the film's central antagonist, a villain known as Ayesha.

animaux-6.jpg

Then how do we know? Could she be Aleta instead? Ayesha could be a red herring. (shrug)

If we do get HER... Does anyone think that there's a possibility we may never get Adam Warlock at all? I keep feeling that in some ways Vision is standing in for him a bit, and if they do one genetically engineered being in HER...that might suffice. Oh they could still do Magus as a villian somehow? And maybe when he is defeated he becomes AW? I don't know.

Wild speculation on my part to just throw out this feeling I have that maybe he's not coming in the way that everyone seems to assume he is.

ames Gunn Proves He's Worthy with Thor's Hammer, Fansites Flip Out

james-gunn-mjolnir-184769.jpg

"Will we see any other superheroes in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 from Avengers? NO! You will not."

That's a direct quote from writer/director James Gunn, not 48 hours old. Yet when the director, an avid Marvel fan who is currently directing his second Marvel Studios movie and therefore has access to, and gets to goof around with, some of Marvel's other, non- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 props goes for a fun photo (having been on a few Marvel Studios sets, they often have props and costumes from other films around), many other outlets react as if it was a tease of some kind. Even though Gunn himself directly said "No," other sites are reaching. We're not taking the bait, James. Nice try.

Instead, here's a really fun picture of James Gunn with Mjolnir, Thor's hammer, which he captioned "Getting ready to hang a painting."

lol

Spider-Man's Tom Holland Visits Guardians Of The Galaxy Set

63DfL4h.png

Now that Spider-Man is officially a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the actor behind the mask, Tom Holland, seems to be everywhere.

That included on the set of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with fellow Marvel actors Dave Bautista, who plays Drax the Destroyer, and Michael Rooker, who plays Yondu.

Does Bautista have Sasquatch in his ancestry?

:ohnoez:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2's Dave Bautista: One More Day Of Filming Left In Atlanta

:o

oLQcFC2.png

75AtHyb.png

While there's still a week left in production, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is starting to wrap its actors and may be planning to leave its primary home in Atlanta.

That's according to a pair of social media posts: one from star Dave Bautista and one from director James Gunn.

It could just as easily, then, be that the film is going to shoot in Atlanta until the last day, and that it's Bautista, and not the film, that's done in Atlanta in the next day or so.

James Gunn Confirms Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Will Be At SDCC 2016

"We, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, are coming to San Diego Comic Con this year," filmmaker James Gunn announced. "We're going to be there. I'm gonna be there. Chris Pratt's gonna be there. A bunch of the gang is going to be there. And we're gonna show you guys something pretty cool"

Gunn made the announcement today in a new Facebook Live video, which starts off with Gunn announcing that Chris Pratt has officially wrapped filming on the sequel.

"This is going to be the greatest spectacle film of all-time," an emotional Pratt says to the cast and crew on set. "And each of us have our name on it. And each of us have a piece of it. And for our entire lives, people are going to be really impressed that we did this movie."

I don't know if this has already been discussed.. curious to see what people's opinions are:

Who has the rights to 'Him', and 'Adam Warlock?' Would it be Fox, since they currently have the Fantastic Four? I guess an argument could be made that they are separate beings in a sense...

Anyhow, it got me thinking about the inclusion of 'Her' in GotG2. It seems like an odd choice, and a lot of people are thinking that if there's a 'Her' in the film, there's probably going to be a 'Him.' I have a hard time picturing both characters being in the movie at once...

I'm wondering if the use of 'Her' could have been a work-around due to Fox possessing the rights to 'Him.' Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Again, I don't know for certain who has the film rights for 'Him.' Just speculation...