• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Just about 3/4 of the way thru my like 700th re-watch of GotG 1 and it's still just an exceptional movie in every regard. When I think about it, I'm astonished that this movie ever got made, much less was such a success & getting a sequel. It's just brilliant & visually amazing & excellent.

“Marvel conducted a wide search for its mystery part, which called for an Asian actress, and did several rounds of chemistry reads.”

Quite what that part will be, and how she will fit into the already stellar cast remains to be seen. And at this stage, we don’t even know whether she’ll take a villainous role, or tag along with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://news.yahoo.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-casts-newcomer-pom-005707606.html

Mantis maybe? hm

Matthew McConaughey Passes On Lead Villain Role In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2

Variety reveals that despite being wanted by both Marvel Studios and James Gunn, Matthew McConaughey has passed on the chance to play the lead villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. It's not clear why exactly the True Detective star said no, but the search is now continuing for another actor, and the part of this unknown bad guy is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.

Back in May, the actor had this to say about the possibility of starring in a comic book movie. "I’ve read some Marvel and DC scripts. And I’ve talked about working with them on some scripts. Nothing has been right for me yet. But I’m sure open to it. It’s very simple for me. I look at the -script. It starts with the story and character."

:(

“Marvel conducted a wide search for its mystery part, which called for an Asian actress, and did several rounds of chemistry reads.”

Quite what that part will be, and how she will fit into the already stellar cast remains to be seen. And at this stage, we don’t even know whether she’ll take a villainous role, or tag along with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://news.yahoo.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-casts-newcomer-pom-005707606.html

Mantis maybe? hm

That would be great!

Yep. Looks like it is Mantis.

http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-mantis-pom-klementieff/

Earlier this week, the first bit of new casting for the Marvel Studios sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 arrived in the form of French actress Pom Klementieff joining the cast. At the time, the nature of her character was being kept under wraps beyond the fact that it’s a “key role” in the follow-up. However, Deadline now has some insight on the character, citing sources telling them that Klementieff will be playing the superhero Mantis

Dave Bautista Says James Gunn Making Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Different

"I’m super excited. They’re in the second draft of the -script, and I was offered that, but I said 'No, I don’t want it until it’s ready to go!'" he said. He admitted part of it was not wanting "the pressure of possibly saying something and giving something away" with a laugh, but said it's also just about him loving the material so much.

"To be honest with you, when I read the -script of Guardians, it almost put a damper on it. First and foremost, I’m a fan, and the second I know what’s going to happen it kind of takes away from the magic a little bit!" Bautista said. That's why he hasn't asked writer/director James Gunn anything about the movie, including the big mystery of who Star-Lord's father will be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "I honestly think that if I asked James, he would tell me, but I haven’t asked him. I always think that if they’re not telling you, there’s a reason they’re not telling you. So I almost don’t want to know, because I want to be surprised! I’ll probably know before the finished product, obviously, though." He did mention that while he didn't want to know from being told, "that doesn't mean I'm not curious!"

That's really cool that he wants to go along for the ride so as to experience the story first-hand.

James Gunn Statement...

So I woke up this morning to a thousand posts about Bradley Cooper having revealed that the primary villain in GotG Vol. 2 is Thanos and, oh yeah, he's also Quill's Dad. Just to let you all know Bradley just got the -script and hasn't read it yet (unlike Vin Diesel, who really DID talk about the -script and Awesome Mix Vol. 2 last night on Facebook), so even if Bradley wanted to spoil these things he couldn't. After watching Bradley's interview it seems pretty clear to me that he simply forgot Thanos' name, was calling him the Big Bad of GotG Vol. 1, which he kind of was, and was also calling him Ronan's father, but I can see where it might be confusing. Anyway, that's the truth, as non-eventful as that may be. Have a great day, all!

I really think it is either StarHawk (tie-in to the Star-Lord name plus light based powers make him somewhat "angelic") or Starfox (tie-in with name, Thanos' brother, and emotional powers may have made Peter's mom think he was "angelic")