• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kdoginohio said:

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, 29dukedog said:

That's Galactus battling Ego on the cover of Thor #161.  They're natural enemies; a living planet, and a guy who eats planets for breakfast.

Thought he was a giant cloud?:baiting:

Only in that disappointing Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer travesty.

Saw it with the family today. I like the twist on the Celestials and how Ego Prime spreads. There was a huge lull in the middle of the film that I didn't care for. The music was not a hit. I didn't even hear "Fox on the Run" in the movie. Mantis was a nice touch look forward to see more of her if they can add more. Nice send off to original GoG, but I cant imagine they do more. Stallone is what 70?

Loved the Watcher cameo with Stan and love the theory behind it. I could have sworn I saw the Champion in a cameo when they were jumping worlds. All in all it wasn't bad, just not the entertainment like Starlord dancing in the cave I enjoyed so much in the first one.

My son's spring hockey team went to watch this with their coaches on Saturday in between games. It was interesting - all of the boys said it was not as good as the first one. Their general consensus was it was okay, but spent too much time talking instead of fighting. lol

I guess this goes to show not all these movies are going to achieve one-billion dollars to prove a success. Even one coming off a very successful origin story. Still, a solid win for Disney/Marvel!

:applause:

ZpCUwL9.jpg

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2's Home Release Has Over 80 Minutes Of Extras According To Michael Rooker

Rooker, who played fan-favorite Yondu in the film, spoke to ComicBook.com during last weekend's San Diego Comic-Con. During the interview, he revealed that fans can expect almost a ton of new footage on Vol. 2's home release. Check it out in the clip above!

"We're going to get a lot of stuff, dude. There's over 80 minutes of unseen footage." Rooker revealed.

If you're wondering how much of that 80 minutes consists of actual deleted scenes, Vol. 2 director James Gunn was quick to clarify, in response to this very article.

m6RhbJy.jpg

Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn Teases A "Big" Surprise For Later This Week

Vz2guJu.jpg

James Gunn loves to mess with the fans, but this time he's in a gift giving mood. The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 directors decided to throw his fans a bone, teasing a big surprise for the Marvel faithful.

Perhaps it is something that will be exclusive to the Blu-ray and DVD release, or maybe it is a tease for Avengers: Infinity War or even Guardians 3?

TA8yR1Q.png

To be fair, I think Disney/Marvel wasn't openly offering digital download sales for many of its movies until Age of Ultron came out. To get a digital copy, you had to purchase a Blu-Ray bundle or a 3-D bundle.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Saw this finally. It was entertaining but not as good as the original. Chris Pratt was a bit too much in this that it started to get annoying. The rest of the cast was great. 

Agree with you.  Felt like the were trying a little hard in some spots to be like the original.   Daughter and wife loved it though.  Wish it had a bit more obvious tie-in the MU proper.  The family certainly didn't "get" the Warlock thing. 

Stan cameo was pretty good.   Post credits scene with teenage Groot was funny. 

What a cool place to work. And even better, what a surprise.

Michael Rooker Visits Marvel Studios In Full Yondu Gear

Yondu lives again, at least inside the offices of Marvel Studios.

Michael Rooker, star of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, got into full makeup and costume, including fin and blue skin, to pay a visit to the Marvel Studios offices in Burbank, California. Take a look at the video above to see Rooker make the day of several Marvel employees.

I liked this. I thought it was about as good as the original, and while the original was great it's important to step back and put it into perspective. Marvel took a forgettable franchise with a bunch of characters that nobody could possibly care about and build a world class franchise out of it.

14 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I liked this. I thought it was about as good as the original, and while the original was great it's important to step back and put it into perspective. Marvel took a forgettable franchise with a bunch of characters that nobody could possibly care about and build a world class franchise out of it.

I liked this movie as much as the first one and that really surprised me. 

Spoiler

That Yondu scene was epic.