• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORLD WAR Z 2 (6/9/17)

20 posts in this topic

Paramount's WORLD WAR Z Sequel Gets A 2017 Release Date

The always reliable Jeff Sneider, of The Wrap, is reporting that Paramount has set a release date for Brad Pitt's World War Z sequel. Barring any setbacks, it is expected to arrive in theaters June 9, 2017, the same weekend as Fox's Fantastic Four 2.

No word on the cast yet, but star Brad Pitt is expected to return. Additionally, Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible) has been chosen to direct the sequel with Steven Knight (Pawn Sacrifice) penning the -script.

giphy-1.gif

The first one was better than I thought it would be.

I`ll Netflix it or Comcast On Demand it.

Most of these movies are becoming repetitive, and not worth the minimum of $40 I have to spend at the movie theatre,

Not singling out World War Z, but I see most people not going to see these blockbusters every month.

There are just too many alternatives for entertainment.

Hollywood blockbusters are going to start seeing drastic drops at the box office just like the music industry experienced in music sales, and the Networks experienced in decline in TV ratings.

Kudos to the movie industry for staying unscathed for so long, but now they are going to start to feel it.

It would have been nice if World War Z had been in any conceivable way, related to the book World War Z rather than the by-the-numbers action movie they made it into.

It was fine for a formulaic Hollywood film that brought nothing new and has no bearing on the supposed "source material" other than it contains Zombies. But the only way they ever could have made that book into other media would have been as a long form TV series.

Afraid Walking Dead beat them to the punch on that score (though the WWZ book is so much better, and has such a massive scope WD has never been able to touch). Anyhow... carry on.

-e.

Oh, I'm with you on that. I won't be seeing WWZ2 in the theatre. That's a redbox rental at best.

+1

I think just not WWZ2,but a lot of these blockbusters are redbox rentals at best.

I think Hollywood's going to be in for a surprise at the box office this summer.

Nah...the general public loves explosions and CGI effects.

It would have been nice if World War Z had been in any conceivable way, related to the book World War Z rather than the by-the-numbers action movie they made it into.

It was fine for a formulaic Hollywood film that brought nothing new and has no bearing on the supposed "source material" other than it contains Zombies. But the only way they ever could have made that book into other media would have been as a long form TV series.

Afraid Walking Dead beat them to the punch on that score (though the WWZ book is so much better, and has such a massive scope WD has never been able to touch). Anyhow... carry on.

-e.

I agree. I think the problem is the book is pretty much impossible to make a movie from. So now you have a very popular book that they want to make more money from. This was inevitable.

Honestly though, I'm not sure a movie ever had less to do with the book than this one.

Oh, I'm with you on that. I won't be seeing WWZ2 in the theatre. That's a redbox rental at best.

+1

I think just not WWZ2,but a lot of these blockbusters are redbox rentals at best.

I think Hollywood's going to be in for a surprise at the box office this summer.

Nah...the general public loves explosions and CGI effects.

I think the American audiences are slowly starting to smarten up.

Transformers:

Revenge of the Fallen

2009 Domestic Total Gross: $402,111,870

Transformers:

Age of Extinction

2014 Domestic Total Gross: $245,439,076

Thankfully Hollywood still got the world wide audience who hasn`t grown tired of explosions and CGI effects yet.

Give it time.

I'll see the movie, but probably not in theaters. The first one was good, imo, but would have been so much better with another title that helped distance what it was from the book. Maybe "The Zombie War" as mentioned in the books introduction by the narrator.

After seeing what Daredevil was like on Netflix, wouldn't it be great to see WWZ (the real WWZ) as a Netflix series. They could use the actual book as their -script.

+1

I'll definitely rent it, but I've been too tired of souless spectacles in theaters myself. I too see a decline in domestic attendance, but these types of movies tend to clean-up overseas, so there's still gonna be somewhat of a demand for a Transformers/Godzilla/etc movie.

+1

I'll definitely rent it, but I've been too tired of souless spectacles in theaters myself. I too see a decline in domestic attendance, but these types of movies tend to clean-up overseas, so there's still gonna be somewhat of a demand for a Transformers/Godzilla/etc movie.

I`ve become bored with them.

You seen one you seen them all.

Not worth it anymore for me.

I rather spend $40 on a video game or a good set of books.

Watched the first one last night on Netflix, very average, not worth re-watching or even worthy of a sequel. Budget was $190million, not exactly sure what they spent it on!

Ending felt rushed and out of place with the rest of the movie.

28 Days Later is a far superior movie on a budget of only $8million.

Watched the first one last night on Netflix, very average, not worth re-watching or even worthy of a sequel. Budget was $190million, not exactly sure what they spent it on!

Did you watch the unrated one (definitely more intense) or the PG-13 (theatrical cut) one?

Did you watch the unrated one (definitely more intense) or the PG-13 (theatrical cut) one?

I assume Netflix has the latter.

World War Z 2: Everything to Know About Brad Pitt vs. Zombies

Brad Pitt has spent several months trying to lure David Fincher onboard to direct World War Z 2. An obviously left-field choice, nabbing The Social Network and Gone Girl filmmaker would be a boon for the franchise given his Oscar nominated pedigree. He also has a close relationship with Brad Pitt, having directed the star in two cult classics, Seven and Fight Club, as well as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. He also has had an eye on "franchise filmmaking" before, having directed the U.S. remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the hopes of kickstarting a movie franchise for adults. He also almost directed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for Disney before parting ways over budgetary issues.

Last we heard in August, Fincher was initially "lukewarm" to the idea of directing World War Z 2 but had warmed to the idea some as negotiations continued. Granted, the lack of traction since then might indicate that the search for a director continues for this ever-shaky franchise.

And we now learn that World War Z 2 has been confirmed for release on June 9th 2017. At the moment, that's the same date that Fox has earmarked for Fantastic Four 2. We wait and see if either of those budge.

Steven Knight (Locke) is penning the screenplay for World War Z 2, and more on the film as we hear it.

FIGHT CLUB Director David Fincher Signs On To Helm Brad Pitt's WORLD WAR Z Sequel

eFtoln78.jpg

Nearly seven months after it was initially reported, it looks like Brad Pitt finally got his guy as Variety has confirmed that David Fincher has officially closed his deal with Paramount Pictures to helm their upcoming World War Z sequel. 

A production start date hasn't been given just yet, but the studio is reportedly eyeing January 2018.