• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction - Any pickups?

51 posts in this topic

That Canarsie collection was a thing of beauty. Wonder why no pedigree.

Wasn't it high grade "store stock" (for lack of a better term). Not an OO collection.

Possibly. I didn't dig into the details as I was too busy creating a shopping list lol

Edit: Yes, looks like store buyout. Disregard the "pedigree" question. Still, impressive to have long runs in those grades

That collection didn't have uninterrupted high grade runs or nice keys to be considered worthy of pedigree status. Since I'm still collecting some Bronze Age comics, it was especially disappointing that the collection lacked consistent high grade Bronze runs, and overall the Bronze was no better than what I bought in the seventies.

Amazing Spider-Man 1 8.0

Amazing Spider-Man 14 9.2

Amazing Spider-Man 50 9.6

Avengers 4 9.2

Captain America 117 9.6

Daredevil 1 9.2

Daredevil 7 9.2

Daredevil 16 9.2

Fantastic Four 48 9.2

Incredible Hulk 181 9.6

Iron Man 1 9.4 (shrug)

I was looking at the auction results to see final auction prices and now the auctions results have disappeared to make room for the June auction? No way to see results? Does anyone keep track of these results as well as Comiclink results? I know GPA tracks Ebay and Heritage tracks their own auction results.

Some books went for a good price and some went for under Ebay prices. I saw some bronze 1970's FF at 9.4 go for $40 and common Defenders in 9.8 for $16 (less than the price of slabbing if you consider the shipping cost both ways).

I picked up one Amazing Spiderman Bronze book at a good price. I put in the next level bid and forgot about it. Didn't think I win. The next level bid increment is so high not like Ebay where you can bid $1 more. The next bid to beat me would have been $25. I think it pays to put your bid early and let the next guy have to put a big next level bid to beat you.

It's good to see who will deal with pond scum just because they have kool books.

You know, I'm sick of this kind of damning of people for buying comics from someone.

You think any of the comics you own were once owned by people of unsavory backgrounds?

It's a ridiculous statement to throw out generalized attacks to people for whom they buy comics.

Grow up man and stop seeing everything so black and white.

I was looking at the auction results to see final auction prices and now the auctions results have disappeared to make room for the June auction? No way to see results? Does anyone keep track of these results as well as Comiclink results? I know GPA tracks Ebay and Heritage tracks their own auction results.

Some books went for a good price and some went for under Ebay prices. I saw some bronze 1970's FF at 9.4 go for $40 and common Defenders in 9.8 for $16 (less than the price of slabbing if you consider the shipping cost both ways).

I picked up one Amazing Spiderman Bronze book at a good price. I put in the next level bid and forgot about it. Didn't think I win. The next level bid increment is so high not like Ebay where you can bid $1 more. The next bid to beat me would have been $25. I think it pays to put your bid early and let the next guy have to put a big next level bid to beat you.

I don't track Pedigree. The way to track ComicLink is by putting in bids on every book you are at all interested in right when the auction opens. That way, the final prices are preserved in your bid list, even though the links to the auction pages eventually disappear.

And in fairness, that is only the tip of the shenanigan iceberg where Mr Schmell is concerned. :facepalm:

Yes, this has been discussed at length here.

This still doesn't somehow spread to the people who buy comics from him.

I happen to have a few pedigree comics from a collection where the guy was a murderer. Should I ban that pedigree?

And in fairness, that is only the tip of the shenanigan iceberg where Mr Schmell is concerned. :facepalm:

Yes, this has been discussed at length here.

This still doesn't somehow spread to the people who buy comics from him.

I happen to have a few pedigree comics from a collection where the guy was a murderer. Should I ban that pedigree?

Green River? he wasn't the killer.