• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Harbinger #1 Club
1 1

78 posts in this topic

Haha,geez....

Very nice.

Are all of these OO copies, or did you just buy them as the years passed along?

I bought them all slabbed over the last 10 years or so. Of all the raw copies I've collected I've never had a 9.8s candidate to submit myself. This book has been difficult to find ultra HG in the wild for sure.

Edited by lobo1969

I have my original copy I bought back way back when, and it's not a 9.8, probably 9.6.

Just checked the census, there are only 141 9.8s graded out of the total of 751 graded

It'll be interesting if Sony can make this movie good in two years. With the low print run and really low amount of 9.8s, the going rate of $1000 for a 9.8 might be a steal.

Also with the fact a bunch of them were clipped for the coupon, there are not that many of these things out there. I even see the clipped ones going for 30-50 raw on ebay.

I have my original copy I bought back way back when, and it's not a 9.8, probably 9.6.

Just checked the census, there are only 141 9.8s graded out of the total of 751 graded

It'll be interesting if Sony can make this movie good in two years. With the low print run and really low amount of 9.8s, the going rate of $1000 for a 9.8 might be a steal.

Also with the fact a bunch of them were clipped for the coupon, there are not that many of these things out there. I even see the clipped ones going for 30-50 raw on ebay.

Yeah, but there's only one 7.5 purple label!

Great pictures, Lobo!

I have 2 9.8s. I too haven't been able to get a 9.8 graded, but I did have a 9.6 that I recently sold for $300 (the price I bought my last 9.8 about 6 months ago).

These are definitely my favorite books in my collection right now. I have 3-4 raws at CGC now which I plan to flip. Definitely no 9.8s there, but I think they have shots at 9.4-9.6.

Here's my original owner copies of Harbinger #1!! I purchased 6 of them when it was released but I recently sold 2 of them.

On the CGC 9.6 CGC marked that the coupon is missing but the coupon is still intact on this copy. This one was manufactured with a completely blank coupon inside it.

Harbinger%201a_zps2rzlhfms.jpg

Here's my original owner copies of Harbinger #1!! I purchased 6 of them when it was released but I recently sold 2 of them.

On the CGC 9.6 CGC marked that the coupon is missing but the coupon is still intact on this copy. This one was manufactured with a completely blank coupon inside it.

Harbinger%201a_zps2rzlhfms.jpg

If you ever decide to sell that CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 (but I wouldn't since it's original owner), CGC will correct that label and state that it was manufactured with a blank coupon.

... or at least they did 13+ years ago:

0109516005_1200.jpg

Harbinger #1 project. Signed by Janet Jackson, Bob Layton, Jim Shooter. Includes a Harbinger print signed by Anthony Castrillo, Sean Chen, Mike Mcguire, a DVD of the Big Apple panel from spring 2006, and transcript of a separate Valiant panel from the same show.

Harbinger01project.jpg