• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

might have once resided in my collection...I had a cgc 6.0 years ago...not sure how many there are in that grade hm

I have a few books it seems that are your former copies — as many here do :headbang:

On 11/1/2017 at 8:36 AM, G.A.tor said:

might have once resided in my collection...I had a cgc 6.0 years ago...not sure how many there are in that grade hm

No, my old copy bought raw from someone who picked up at an estate sale.  Looks VF but had a decent spine split.  Thought it would come back with white pages.

Just a heads up Fishbone, book was not pressed/cleaned.

Now I miss it...

25 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, G.A.tor said:

No, my old copy bought raw from someone who picked up at an estate sale.  Looks VF but had a decent spine split.  Thought it would come back with white pages.

Just a heads up Fishbone, book was not pressed/cleaned.

Now I miss it...

didn't check census to see how many 6.0 there were ...mine looked much nicer than assigned grade too, which is why I speculated it could have once been in my possession...alas, a super cool book nonetheless

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, MustEatBrains said:

Was able to get this little gem to break my Centaur cherry.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5c3099743e9158d5a2b9a596bcd30b0.jpeg

A-Man 5 is a book I've never owned - looking for the right copy (restored or unrestored) has been a challenge.

Congrat's, that's a great way to start your Centaur addiction collection!

On 2/18/2018 at 11:51 AM, sacentaur said:
On 2/17/2018 at 10:37 PM, Sackolantern said:

Stumbled across these, thought y'all would enjoy / be interested:

africa%20centaur_zpselsd99av.jpg

w%20pic%20centaur_zpsxl1at5lg.jpg

Whoa, I've been looking for these two - nice score! 

As always, a collector with impeccable taste you can always spot the cream of the crop instantly.  (thumbsu

That copy of FPS 7 looks like the best of the bunch and a true real toughie to find in half decent condition.  :luhv:

Ok, which one of you inconsiderate boardies went and snatched this gorgeous Amazing Mystery Funnies #3 away from me:  :cry:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=757483&title=AMAZINGMYSTERY FUNNIES

Haven't you guys learned to stay far away from all of these GLOD books which nobody in their right mind would ever want in their collection.  :D  :takeit:

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Ok, which one of you inconsiderate boardies went and snatched this gorgeous Amazing Mystery Funnies #3 away from me:  :cry:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=757483&title=AMAZINGMYSTERY FUNNIES

Haven't you guys learned to stay far away from all of these GLOD books which nobody in their right mind would ever want in their collection.  :D  :takeit:

I just got a nice copy back from cgc, but it’s lower mid grade and blue

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I just got a nice copy back from cgc, but it’s lower mid grade and blue

Will give it some thought as these seem to be popping out of the woodwork lately.  hm

Do you have a scan of it yet since it would be good to see how it looks relative to its assigned grade? 

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I took a stab at it, a small piece missing on a book like that makes zero difference for for me.

Unfortunately, I did not win it and have to "settle" for my lesser 4.5 copy:

cgEvJVO.jpg