• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

It’s impossible to tell from a simple photo, could be a tiny spine split, a non-color breaking fold, an interior issue, or any number of other defects. 

Oh, I know.

Just from the front cover appearance it presents better than an 8.0.

7 minutes ago, circumstances said:

:D

I haven't been actively collecting for years. I pick up a book here and there if it's (relatively) cheap.

That's about it.

Thanks for the heads up though.

The cheap train left the station long ago.  After a 3 year cycle of intense collecting, I am about to go into hibernation myself. I waited for Gator’s to sell, and now I myself have shipped my AMF collection to CC, along with most of the rest of my collection.  I will enter my hibernation with a mere 7 books 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

9 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The cheap train left the station long ago.  After a 3 year cycle of intense collecting, I am about to go into hibernation myself. I waited for Gator’s to sell, and now I myself have shipped my AMF collection to CC, along with most of the rest of my collection.  I will enter my hibernation with a mere 7 books 

Wow! Big move! Good luck with all the sales!

Even as a rider exclusively on the cheapest of trains, I manage to snag a rare morsel three or four times a year (if I'm lucky).

Picking comics up so infrequently has me in a no-sell posture, because there would be no replacing anything that I sold.

On 2/12/2005 at 7:45 PM, adamstrange said:

re: Jaded -- I just found the forum late last night. quite unfortunate as i stayed up even later! anyway, i was so jazzed looking at all the old posts it was like being back at San Diego Con's past looking at books and swapping stories. Comics are just damn fun! I never get tired of people talking about books they love -- even I ones that I will never collect. Although, now that I think about it, I got into all sorts of weird corners of the comic book world due to people sharing books they liked. Between that and Gerber, my comic book horizon enlarged tremendously.

Just noticed this on the first page of this thread.  The pictures were lost in the switchover to the new forum but the AMF 2/3 was among those first few posts.

2 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That must have been one of your very first posts!

Yup.  Post #5 on my first day of posting.

7 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Yup.  Post #5 on my first day of posting.

Well isn’t it interesting to see that the things that were on your mind 15 years ago are still just as talked about and as relevant today.  And now you are a 24k + poster Seasoned Veteran.

btw I almost offered you the $20k for your AW12 last December, but was afraid I would insult you

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

10 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Well isn’t it interesting to see that the things that were on your mind 15 years ago are still just as talked about and as relevant today.

I continue to learn from my participation on the Boards and it does help mitigate the deterioration of the various Comic Cons.

And now you are a 24k + poster Seasoned Veteran. 

Hard to imagine.  I did a big reveal at 10k and 5 years.  I might need to ration my posts to make it to 25k at 15 years.

btw I almost offered you the $20k for your AW12 last December, but was afraid I would insult you 

What is "AW12"? 

It was the Christmas season.  Perhaps I could have been forgiving.  :angel:

3 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Someone- I thought adamstrange - was selling the San Francisco 9.4 copy of All Winners 12

Not me, though I did consider buying it when Metropolis had it for sale 6 or 7 years ago.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:30 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Surprised :whatthe: and sad :frown: to hear that you have decided to go into hibernation for now as you have been quite active here lately and I've always enjoyed seeing the scans of your purchases.  

Hope it's only for a short while, as opposed to being on a permanent basis.  After all, once you have the collecting bug in you, it's often like an itch that need to be scratch every now and then.  I thought I was done 20+ years ago, but I still find myself going back in every now and then, especially with all of these enticing books that are being made available in the marketplace right now.  (thumbsu

Any hints as to which 7 books which you will be going into hibernation with?  hm

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Surprised :whatthe: and sad :frown: to hear that you have decided to go into hibernation for now as you have been quite active here lately and I've always enjoyed seeing the scans of your purchases.  

Hope it's only for a short while, as opposed to being on a permanent basis.  After all, once you have the collecting bug in you, it's often like an itch that need to be scratch every now and then.  I thought I was done 20+ years ago, but I still find myself going back in every now and then, especially with all of these enticing books that are being made available in the marketplace right now.  (thumbsu

Any hints as to which 7 books which you will be going into hibernation with?  hm

Thanks for the kind words, lou_fine. I guess the virus will always be in my blood, but I’ve gotta tap the brakes a bit.

I feel like I’ve been playing musical chairs and now the music has stopped. I’m left with Cap 1, Cap 3, Cap 36, Cap 37, Bat 1, Tec 35 and Planet 58. I whisper sweet nothings into their ears at night. 

I may dork around with some little stuff, just so I don’t have to hang up my spurs completely