• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, sagii said:

Wouldn't be able to tell interiors like that were underneath that cover. :whatthe:

Congrats!

The Cocomalt book is a real treat, with the Guardineer Dan Hastings story being a true highlight.

I am fortunate to have the original mailing envelope with my copy. :cloud9:

On 4/22/2019 at 3:36 PM, sacentaur said:

The Cocomalt book is a real treat, with the Guardineer Dan Hastings story being a true highlight.

Now that's just super cool!

On 4/22/2019 at 3:36 PM, sacentaur said:

That Guardineer story is fantastic.  Really looks very similar to Wolverton to me.  Thanks in advance for for sharing a photo of the mailer if it contains any artwork..

Edited by ThothAmon

On 5/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

There’s more high grade centaur AMFs in the current CC auction 

Do you mean like this copy here:

ama2.237a.jpg

Or is it this one here:

ama2.233a.jpg

Looks like it keeps on getting better:

ama2.231a.jpg

Well, you most definitely can't go wrong with any of these 3 gorgeous looking AMF beauties!!!  :luhv:

On 5/29/2019 at 1:48 AM, sacentaur said:

The Larson CGC 9.0 copy of AMF 2/5 is a big book - pedigree Centaur, white pages, and an iconic Everett cover. Second highest graded (my Claire Moe copy is also a CGC 9.0), behind only the Church 9.2.

Mine is probably in that range as well. I do love the attention, appreciation (and value) this great book is receiving.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:48 AM, sacentaur said:

The Larson CGC 9.0 copy of AMF 2/5 is a big book - pedigree Centaur, white pages, and an iconic Everett cover. Second highest graded (my Claire Moe copy is also a CGC 9.0), behind only the Church 9.2.

I’m not familiar with the Claire Moe copy. I know of the artist. Was she the original owner of your book?

3 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I’m not familiar with the Claire Moe copy. I know of the artist. Was she the original owner of your book?

From the artist’s estate, the books made their way to J&S comics in the early 80’s and out to collectors via an ad in The Comics Buyers Guide. Most went to Jon Berk and another collector named Michael Music. I bought 10 of them via the ad.

The comics tended to be in very nice shape. There were less than 100 books total in the collection; I believe they were the issues that Moe had a story in.

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

From the artist’s estate, the books made their way to J&S comics in the early 80’s and out to collectors via an ad in The Comics Buyers Guide. Most went to Jon Berk and another collector named Michael Music. I bought 10 of them via the ad.

The comics tended to be in very nice shape. There were less than 100 books total in the collection; I believe they were the issues that Moe had a story in.

Thanks Steve. Fascinating stuff! Does CGC designate these as Moe books on the label? Or Moe and Berk books (if any of those had been slabbed around the time of the Berk auction)?