• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

:bump:

Loved this cover on sight, even before i decided to add a few Centaurs to my collection.

This is @G.A.tor's old copy. The last issue of the run, the Church copy came up for grabs after this one in the following CC auction. Of note, it bought more than the Church copy of Fox's 'Flame #8' (a notoriously HTF book) also in the same auction, don't know if it was one of  @GreatCaesarsGhost Centaurs he had for grabs, but i thought it was a stellar result. Like Flame #8, this is the last issue of it's run also. 

Is this last issue Centaur as tough as the more coveted last issue Amazing-Man #26 

Fantoman #4.jpg

Great bump! Great book!!!

5 hours ago, sagii said:

Loved this cover on sight, even before i decided to add a few Centaurs to my collection.

This is @G.A.tor's old copy. The last issue of the run, the Church copy came up for grabs after this one in the following CC auction. Of note, it bought more than the Church copy of Fox's 'Flame #8' (a notoriously HTF book) also in the same auction, don't know if it was one of  @GreatCaesarsGhost Centaurs he had for grabs, but i thought it was a stellar result. Like Flame #8, this is the last issue of it's run also. 

Is this last issue Centaur as tough as the more coveted last issue Amazing-Man #26 

Fantoman #4.jpg

Not mine, but good for you!!

13 hours ago, sagii said:

Fantoman #4.jpg

Gorgeous for the grade, Nice pages, Tougher than nails, Great cover with skull, Bondage, and a swooping superhero!! Not much more you could want out of a book imo!! Very cool!!

7 hours ago, mwotka said:

Yeah this thread needs more action!  Especially since a bunch just sold on HA the weekend before.  There were some nice deals, but I had trouble bidding on my phone while I was out for the evening and only got 1.  Still, it is a great Everett cover, so can't complain.  And blissard has had some nice ones on ebay lately, including an A-Man 5 and a Little Giant Movie Funnies 2,  He's really been bringing out the high end inventory the last few weeks.  Curious to see if anyone here got some of these offerings.  

Amazing Man 10.jpg

I didn't get anything, but I was watching that Little Giant auction.

10 hours ago, mwotka said:

Yeah this thread needs more action!  Especially since a bunch just sold on HA the weekend before.  There were some nice deals, but I had trouble bidding on my phone while I was out for the evening and only got 1.  Still, it is a great Everett cover, so can't complain.  And blissard has had some nice ones on ebay lately, including an A-Man 5 and a Little Giant Movie Funnies 2,  He's really been bringing out the high end inventory the last few weeks.  Curious to see if anyone here got some of these offerings.  

Amazing Man 10.jpg

Are those meatballs in his hands, or is he just happy to see them? :kidaround:

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Anyone interested in this one?  I need it to help complete my run but sadly not in the budget this go round. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-MAN-COMICS-26-1942-GOLDEN-AGE/401880935170

Should  be interesting but hate ungraded books at that cost  :smile:

7 hours ago, comicjack said:

Should  be interesting but hate ungraded books at that cost  :smile:

His response to an inquiry about whether there is a bottom spine split and the books pedigree was basically a blow off. “Look at photos for condition” was the response. Who does that on a book selling for thousands?  Buyer beware. 

34 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

His response to an inquiry about whether there is a bottom spine split and the books pedigree was basically a blow off. “Look at photos for condition” was the response. Who does that on a book selling for thousands?  Buyer beware. 

WOW!!

$6988

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

you bet 

29 minutes ago, comicjack said:

cheap when you look at what the 22 is doing i just don't trust ebay raw books :smirk:

..Good point. Book 'looked' solid though, but statements like 'i am no expert' especially when dealing with books of that caliber is a gamble. Congrats to the buyer if it 'pays off'.

23 hours ago, circumstances said:

Not interested but I had it on my watch list to see how it went.

This comment in the eBay listing doesn’t exactly inspire confidence:

Estimated within 15-27 business days  

This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 14 business days.