• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, circumstances said:

I never really sold any of my original Marvel runs, but I traded them all for Gooooooolllllllldddddd! in the 80's and early 90's.

I vividly remember you and John opening my eyes to the idea of trading New X-men and Teen Titans (and then GI Joe), which we could replenish in buys daily, for Gold.

28 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I vividly remember you and John opening my eyes to the idea of trading New X-men and Teen Titans (and then GI Joe), which we could replenish in buys daily, for Gold.

Those were great days.

I remember trading 100 or 200 Spiderman 252s towards a Batman #1 at $5.00 or $6.00 a piece (while we paid like 30 cents for them).

12 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Yes, a great group shot by Jack...me, 7 for 7. :acclaim:

:whatthe:

I think I still have four AMFs total.

I had more, but no idea where they've gone off to.

The Vol.1#3 I got from the Claire S. Moe was in excellent condition, but was missing a page!

I sold it about 15 years ago (if I had to guess).

2 hours ago, buttock said:

Church copy

MVIMG_20200205_102550.jpg

Really nice! :golfclap:

Candidly speaking, i'm always surprised when books like this are kept raw. You'd think with slabbing most folks would just do it for 'keeping the book in grade' when handling. 

But it just goes to show, there are a lot of us who are really careful with our treasures, and still enjoy reading even the best specimens of copies of 'uncommon' books! (thumbsu

I'd be terrified myself :D

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Candidly speaking, i'm always surprised when books like this are kept raw. You'd think with slabbing most folks would just do it for 'keeping the book in grade' when handling. 

But it just goes to show, there are a lot of us who are really careful with our treasures, and still enjoy reading even the best specimens of copies of 'uncommon' books! (thumbsu

Yes, but isn't this really what it's all about and where the real fun is, like in this following set of pictures here:  :cloud9:

On 2/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, ciorac said:

Here is Jon at my place in Philly a few years ago sharing much of his collection with us

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

p1010004.jpg

p1010008.jpg

p1010010.jpg

P1010013.JPG

P1010012.JPG

Yet, even with all of that handling, the Fantastic 3 was still able to acheive a grade of CGC 9.4 NM when it came time to have it graded.  :applause:

9 hours ago, sagii said:

Really nice! :golfclap:

It was slabbed until last week.  A book like this has no business being in a slab.  Way too much good stuff to see inside.