• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, circumstances said:

Cool! And try finding this one, especially in grade. 10 universal on the census, none over 6.0.

I would say the 3 is tougher than the rest from what i have seen over the years.I got mine from Showcase New England raw years ago along with some other Centaurs.

Just now, comicjack said:

I would say the 3 is tougher than the rest from what i have seen over the years.I got mine from Showcase New England raw years ago along with some other Centaurs.

I've seen many more Arrow 1s and 2s than 3s in general. I had no idea there was a complete dearth of high grade copies though.

1 minute ago, circumstances said:

I've seen many more Arrow 1s and 2s than 3s in general. I had no idea there was a complete dearth of high grade copies though.

I'm sure a Larson exists that hasn't been graded or if not the Mile high copy i saw many years ago

48 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Showcase New England! There's a blast from the past! 

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

I'm sure a Larson exists that hasn't been graded or if not the Mile high copy i saw many years ago

I may be imagining it, but I think I heard the Church copy is either restored or not super high grade?

I also heard something about the Larson, but I can't remember what it is.

1 hour ago, circumstances said:

I may be imagining it, but I think I heard the Church copy is either restored or not super high grade?

I also heard something about the Larson, but I can't remember what it is.

I saw a high grade copy many years ago it was one of them but i can't remember either 

1 hour ago, sagii said:

I haven't seen (noticed?)  anything in terms of ads or eBay auctions in years. They were certainly more high profile in my view back in the day, if they are still in business 

He had a big ad in the CBG very often and use to send out paper catalogs to past buyers :banana:

1 hour ago, sagii said:
1 hour ago, circumstances said:

Dan Greenhalgh! Are they not around anymore?

I haven't seen (noticed?)  anything in terms of ads or eBay auctions in years. They were certainly more high profile in my view back in the day, if they are still in business 

Don't believe they are in business anymore as Dan has apparently already retired from the funny book business according to one boardie in the thread below:

I still remember back in the mid-90's when he was part of the big East Coast triumvirate (along with Fishler from Metro & Robert Rogovin from Four Color Comics) and they tried to scoop up all of the GA books from the Diamond Int'l Galleries Grand Opening when GA books were super red hot for a short period of time back then.  

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Don't believe they are in business anymore as Dan has apparently already retired from the funny book business according to one boardie in the thread below:

I still remember back in the mid-90's when he was part of the big East Coast triumvirate (along with Fishler from Metro & Robert Rogovin from Four Color Comics) and they tried to scoop up all of the GA books from the Diamond Int'l Galleries Grand Opening when GA books were super red hot for a short period of time back then.  

Thanks for posting this Lou! (thumbsu

4 hours ago, circumstances said:
4 hours ago, comicjack said:

4 hours ago, comicjack said:

Well, I just went and checked my copies of both the Church and Larson catalogs. 

From the records which I have, it indicates only a NM raw graded Larson copy of Arrow 1 along with a NM raw graded Church copy of Arrow 3. :gossip:

Apparently no other Larson or Church books in the short-lived Arrow run except for these 2 books here.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I just went and checked my copies of both the Church and Larson catalogs. 

From the records which I have, it indicates only a NM raw graded Larson copy of Arrow 1 along with a NM raw graded Church copy of Arrow 3. :gossip:

Apparently no other Larson or Church books in the short-lived Arrow run except for these 2 books here.  (thumbsu

good info. wonder who has the church 3 and what it's looking like nowadays.

12 hours ago, sagii said:

Website is still up but looks out of date.    Contact address is now Fort Myers, FL