• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

When it rains, it pours. Two KDF 24's in a month... go figure!

Here's mine: also Brittle, though presents well for the grade (or so I keep telling myself). lol.

694497168_ScreenShot2021-03-14at6_31_57PM.thumb.png.f9d4fb048b5c40a37bba0137d09d7f03.png

Great cover on this one! Great pick up ! 

9 hours ago, sagii said:

:bump:

Happy to add this one to the Centaur stack. Has the distinction of being considered the 1st Centaur Comics (on label) after being acquired by the publisher from Ultem publications.

I know Star Comics v1 #10 , Funny Pages v2 #6 and Funny Picture Stories v2 #6 all have the same cover date as this issue, but i'm assuming it's been established that this one was on the stands first hence the designation? 

Star Ranger #10.jpeg

Noice!

On 3/14/2021 at 4:47 PM, Zolnerowich said:

When it rains, it pours. Two KDF 24's in a month... go figure!

Here's mine: also Brittle, though presents well for the grade (or so I keep telling myself). lol.

694497168_ScreenShot2021-03-14at6_31_57PM.thumb.png.f9d4fb048b5c40a37bba0137d09d7f03.png

When I first started collecting centaurs in the 1990s (:preach:) I saw a couple of this issue.  I mistakenly assumed that meant it was common.  After many years I realized that was not the case at all.  Congrats!

11 hours ago, buttock said:

When I first started collecting centaurs in the 1990s (:preach:) I saw a couple of this issue.  I mistakenly assumed that meant it was common.  After many years I realized that was not the case at all.  Congrats!

Although all of the KDF's are pretty much tough to find, I believe it's the first few issues in the run that are the true real hen's teeth as they hardly ever show up in the marketplace.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, buttock said:

Thanks! Happy to have landed this pokey but pretty copy!

28 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

Today is a great day for me because this appeared on ebay today negotiated a lower BIN and convinced them ship to Canada...and after 5 years I now have the run how great is that!! Happy Centaur Friday:banana:

s-l1600-83.jpg

Congrats on your pickup here and finally being able to complete your Arrow run here.  :applause:

Just took a look at the CGC census and it looks like you have one of the higher graded copies out there as top of census is only a CGC 7.0 for this issue of Arrow.  Looks like there are no true high grade copies (i.e. > CGC 8.0) for any of these 3 Arrow issues slabbed to date so far.  I imagine the Church copy of Arrow 3 must still be locked away in some lucky collector's personal collection as it was graded by Chuch as a NM copy in his Mile High Catalog.  No listing for for a Arrow 1 or 2, so I imagine no Church copies for those first 2 issues for collectors to look forward to one day. :frown:

Although it took you the longest amount of time to acquire your Arrow 2, do you think this is the one that's actually the toughest to find in the marketplace or are all three issues pretty much just as tough to find?  hm

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Congrats on your pickup here and finally being able to complete your Arrow run here.  :applause:

Just took a look at the CGC census and it looks like you have one of the higher graded copies out there as top of census is only a CGC 7.0 for this issue of Arrow.  Looks like there are no true high grade copies (i.e. > CGC 8.0) for any of these 3 Arrow issues slabbed to date so far.  I imagine the Church copy of Arrow 3 must still be locked away in some lucky collector's personal collection as it was graded by Chuch as a NM copy in his Mile High Catalog.  No listing for for a Arrow 1 or 2, so I imagine no Church copies for those first 2 issues for collectors to look forward to one day. :frown:

Although it took you the longest amount of time to acquire your Arrow 2, do you think this is the one that's actually the toughest to find in the marketplace or are all three issues pretty much just as tough to find?  hm

I think they are all pretty tough to find. I bid on all three at the Berk Auction then #1 appeared on ebay a year or so later and today #2. I have lost out on a #2 6.5 a couple of years ago at auction but I haven't seen a number #3 for sale since that Berk auction, but two sales since according to GPA all are tough to find

Edited by goldenacase