• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Mighty nice looking Fine copy, Tec27! :applause:

Jon and Others:

I just picked up nice copies of Super Dooper Comics 1 and 2 (Able 1946). Clearly they are reprints of what appear to be early Centaurs. Does anyone know what books these reprints are from? # 1 has an appearance of the Clock...

They have paper covers and are 32 pages. I'm trying to avoiding scanning the interiors...

Thanks!

--Gary

I would have to see the insides. Remember The Clock continued in Crack Comics by Quality. jon

I'm convinced this is very early Centaur, Jon. I'll photo/scan soon. Do you have these books?

I do not have the sooper dooper, but do have all the centaurs (the early Clocks were either Ultem - Ullman Temerson or Comic Magazine Co. Also got to help Bob B. id his book....jon

Here's the splash from Super Dooper # 1. Can you identify, Jon?

SuperDooperSplash.jpg

Jon and Others:

I just picked up nice copies of Super Dooper Comics 1 and 2 (Able 1946). Clearly they are reprints of what appear to be early Centaurs. Does anyone know what books these reprints are from? # 1 has an appearance of the Clock...

They have paper covers and are 32 pages. I'm trying to avoiding scanning the interiors...

Thanks!

--Gary

I would have to see the insides. Remember The Clock continued in Crack Comics by Quality. jon

I'm convinced this is very early Centaur, Jon. I'll photo/scan soon. Do you have these books?

I do not have the sooper dooper, but do have all the centaurs (the early Clocks were either Ultem - Ullman Temerson or Comic Magazine Co. Also got to help Bob B. id his book....jon

SuperDooperSplash.jpg

i will take a look this week-end...jb

Jon and Others:

Thanks!

--Gary

SuperDooperSplash.jpg

i will take a look this week-end...jb

No hurry. Thanks in advance, Jon.

Jon and Others:

SuperDooperSplash.jpg

Thanks!

--Gary

The Clock started in Funny Pages 6 (teaser) and then went to a couple of stories in Funny Picture Stories (first full story) then to Feature Funnies then to Crack.....The tip off is the name of the by line "Alias The Clock" (not the Clock Strikes). The winner?----FPS #1 from November 1936 (Hey, what is the phrase....."the super detective" (Man! that man from Krypton ripped off The Clock!!!)

54166-funpic1.jpg.018790187d467602422109b48d7c8087.jpg

And while I have these out of the safe....Here are 2 through 7, the Comic Magazine published books. #3 is the Larson (VF-), #4 Church (Fine-), #5 Church (NM-) Gotta love these covers until the editors took a left turn on #7

All Gems!!!! :headbang:

Nice to see them all together like this!!!! Thanks for posting them Jon!!!!

Jon and Others:

SuperDooperSplash.jpg

Thanks!

--Gary

The Clock started in Funny Pages 6 (teaser) and then went to a couple of stories in Funny Picture Stories (first full story) then to Feature Funnies then to Crack.....The tip off is the name of the by line "Alias The Clock" (not the Clock Strikes). The winner?----FPS #1 from November 1936 (Hey, what is the phrase....."the super detective" (Man! that man from Krypton ripped off The Clock!!!)

Thanks, Jon. Beautiful books!

This is my first post on the board. Haven't collected comics in about 5 years, but have recently bought a few and since Centaurs are a fave of mine, thought I would post a pic of one I have. I'm particularly fond of Funny pages since the title (with Comics Magazine) is the most important title ever created - IMHO, and have long been looking to put the run together (going on 15 years now). Still a few shy - apparantly it's not a rush and i'm not interested 'in grade' any more as I once was, so when the right low grade copies come along of the ones i'm missing, i'll pick them up. Here's one of the 'nice' books I have. Oh, and the only thing done to the book is it appears the front side of the top staple had 'popped' and someone decided to put a little glue there to hold it down, otherwise there is nothing. I think they would put it in a blue label now, since other 'restored' Mile Highs are not 'purpled' like this one... which is just silly to me.

Ken

54257-funny41MHfcmod.jpg.2cf00fe0d827fdd5e65fae84a9927ca0.jpg

Edited by Monster's Coll

This is my first post on the board. Haven't collected comics in about 5 years, but have recently bought a few and since Centaurs are a fave of mine, thought I would post a pic of one I have. I'm particularly fond of Funny pages since the title (with Comics Magazine) is the most important title ever created - IMHO, and have long been looking to put the run together (going on 15 years now). Still a few shy - apparantly it's not a rush and i'm not interested 'in grade' any more as I once was, so when the right low grade copies come along of the ones i'm missing, i'll pick them up. Here's one of the 'nice' books I have. Oh, and the only thing done to the book is it appears the front side of the top staple had 'popped' and someone decided to put a little glue there to hold it down, otherwise there is nothing. I think they would put it in a blue label now, since other 'restored' Mile Highs are in not 'purpled' like this one... which is just silly to me.

Ken

Very nice book Ken!

Welcome to the Boards!! :hi:

Yeah, welcome to the boards!! Always good to have another Centaur madman to post more Centaurs!!! Nice book to start out with!!! (thumbs u

Looking forward to seeing more of your Centaur collection!!!

P.S.- You wouldn't have any Star Ranger books you can scan!!! Would you!!! :wishluck:

This is my first post on the board. Haven't collected comics in about 5 years, but have recently bought a few and since Centaurs are a fave of mine, thought I would post a pic of one I have. I'm particularly fond of Funny pages since the title (with Comics Magazine) is the most important title ever created - IMHO, and have long been looking to put the run together (going on 15 years now). Still a few shy - apparantly it's not a rush and i'm not interested 'in grade' any more as I once was, so when the right low grade copies come along of the ones i'm missing, i'll pick them up. Here's one of the 'nice' books I have. Oh, and the only thing done to the book is it appears the front side of the top staple had 'popped' and someone decided to put a little glue there to hold it down, otherwise there is nothing. I think they would put it in a blue label now, since other 'restored' Mile Highs are not 'purpled' like this one... which is just silly to me.

Ken

love it and welcome...I too am putting together a run of FUnny pages....if you have any extras to sell, lmk :wishluck:

gator

Hi Ken,

First off, welcome to the boards!

Secondly, Holy KRAP!! What a book to start off with ... gotta love the Church Centaurs!!

You are a welcome addition to this thread... nice to pump some new blood into this thread once in a while. There are some truly hardcore Cenatur collectors on these boards, and if you view this thread form the beginning, you will see some truly mind-blowing books.

Really looking forward to seeing the rest of your FP run!! I have about four issues myself, it is such a great series.

:golfclap: WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME :golfclap: