• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I looked for the WinDex on the Keen Detective series and couldn't find it. Did you run the numbers on that series, CMan?

The toughest issues of KDF are, in approximate order:

v1#10 (the toughest)

v1#9 (brutal as well)

wish I had a 1/10 :sorry:

I looked for the WinDex on the Keen Detective series and couldn't find it. Did you run the numbers on that series, CMan?

The toughest issues of KDF are, in approximate order:

v1#10 (the toughest)

v1#9 (brutal as well)

wish I had a 1/10 :sorry:

Didn't Metro/Comicconnect auction one off a few months back, looked like a nice mid grade copy?

No, they auctioned off a 1/9, which is definitely a tough book in its own right, but not impossible like 1/10.

I'll post the Church copies again, not to overexpose them (which I hate doing), but just because they are virtually perfect. The Church v1#10 might be the most perfect Church book I have, and I've got a number of nice Church books. It's almost impossible to find a flaw on it, and it's tighter and more brilliant than something you could buy on a newsstand today. Big thanks to Stephen F. for tracking it down for me.

keendetective2.jpg

keendetective3.jpg

No, they auctioned off a 1/9, which is definitely a tough book in its own right, but not impossible like 1/10.

I'll post the Church copies again, not to overexpose them (which I hate doing), but just because they are virtually perfect. The Church v1#10 might be the most perfect Church book I have, and I've got a number of nice Church books. It's almost impossible to find a flaw on it, and it's tighter and more brilliant than something you could buy on a newsstand today. Big thanks to Stephen F. for tracking it down for me.

keendetective2.jpg

keendetective3.jpg

still in awe...wish the fishler would track one down for me :cry:

Thanks guys.

Here are some of my other early Church KDF's. It's funny that the earliest ones are virtually perfect, while many of the later ones have some significant flaws. I've got 8 Church KDF's out of the first 12 issues, and I'd love to dig up the other four.

keendetective1church.jpg

keendetective42.jpg

keendetective5mh.jpg

keendetectve82.jpg

keendetective9.jpg

keendetective12.jpg

So I guess I really should just pick it up. I'd be getting it for well under $100.

My first Centaur should be on it's way shortly...

...and it's already sold. :censored::frustrated::censored::devil:

He's checking for others though...

So I guess I really should just pick it up. I'd be getting it for well under $100.

My first Centaur should be on it's way shortly...

...and it's already sold. :censored::frustrated::censored::devil:

He's checking for others though...

what was it?

This is such a good issue! (worship)

keendetective3.jpg

AMAN 5 unrestored or restored, GT?

for that grade range, i think you are looking at anywhere from just below $1000 up to $3000+, unrestored. the last 3.5 BLUE at heritage went for around $3800.

restored, a VG to fine copy generally seems to go for about $1500.

i way overpaid for my BLUE 1.8, and then had Susan Cicconi restore it (to further add to the cost), but its a beaut now. seems to be a book that is commonly restored.

AMAN 5 unrestored or restored, GT?

for that grade range, i think you are looking at anywhere from just below $1000 up to $3000+, unrestored. the last 3.5 BLUE at heritage went for around $3800.

restored, a VG to fine copy generally seems to go for about $1500.

i way overpaid for my BLUE 1.8, and then had Susan Cicconi restore it (to further add to the cost), but its a beaut now. seems to be a book that is commonly restored.

Ryan,

Why don't you post a scan of your Aman 5 to share with us.

Vern

hey vern,

i've been meaning to post the before and after shots of susan's wonderful work... i'll do that later today either in the Centaur thread, or maybe a new one about Susan's work. or both.

Here's my copy of AMAN #5, before and after shot (before it was a BLUE 1.8).

Susan Cicconi did an AMAZING job on this book. As I mentioned, I overpaid for the book initially, so with the resto work , this is one of those books i'll have to hang on to for a long time to make any money out of it.

But... would you want to part with a book like this anytime soon?? :cloud9:

RH_AMAN5_before.jpg

RH_AMAN5_after.jpg 

BTW GT, the interior material is great... you won't be disappointed in this book.