• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

But if I can contribute to completing his run of centaurs, then so be it. That may have been my favorite book.

You guys can learn a lot from this buttock fellow, STEVE.

And to be fair to buttock, I made an enormous offer to him. Virtually un-turn-down-able. You guys should definitely let me make you similar offers, STEVE.

OK, now I'm feelin' the heat (scorchin' and sizzlin')!

<cue Bowie/Queen, "Under Pressure....bum bum bum badda bum bum">

STEVE

masked3.jpg

Nice pair of books -- I've always like the KDF with the Eye.

Binder worked for Centaur. I knew Timely guys worked for Centaur but had no idea so many other key GA artists did. Does anybody have a list of at least some of the key ones?

It's been a while since I picked up my last Centaurs, so these were a welcome addition. thumbsup2.gif

I especially like the Masked Marvel 3, Fuel. Been lookin' for a solid copy to accompany my 1 (Larson) and 2 (Cosmic), but no luck. The edge scan shows really nice pages on that copy, too.

Hope to see your Centaurs at San Diego in July...

STEVE

CentaurMan and Steve never cease to amaze me... hail.gifhail.gif

Great books from both of you. The caliber of Centaurs being represented here is just phenomenal!

Ryan, your enthusiasm is contagious and you definitely motivate me to pull and post the books (thank you!).

To answer your previous question of:

What ELSE did you score over the weekend??

This is yet another book (w/white pages) that I used to own that just made it's way back home:

100_1594.jpg

STEVE

Hi Steve,

You guys just keep feeding my enthusiasm... more great books!!

I had no idea STAR COMICS had such great stuff inside... I wondered where the SPEED SILVERS strip (reprinted in AMAZING ADVENTURE FUNNIES #1) came from. Great seeing the Burgos pirate strip too... is the last pirate an android by any chance?

And Fuelman, nice pick up on the KDF #18 ... one of my fav's of course. Seems tough to find.

What next??? WHAT NEXT???

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

These funny cover books give little indication of the treasures contained inside. Here's some Gustavson and Burgos:

Nice stuff

100_1595.jpg

Yackety-freakin'-yak! The dialogue almost pushed the Gustavson artwork off the page!

Jack

All right, twist my arm.....

Another big shout out to The Man, buttock, for this beaut, which officially completes my run of Funny Pages covers featuring the Arrow:

funnypages41.jpg

Wow, pretty impressive to have the whole run of Funny Pages Arrow covers. Some really great covers in that run. thumbsup2.gif

These funny cover books give little indication of the treasures contained inside. Here's some Gustavson and Burgos

I hope you guys don't mind seeing a little more Guardineer. I know I saw some early Burgos also somewhere but can't find it right now -

1618407-Star7DanHastingsGuardineer1.jpg

1618407-Star7DanHastingsGuardineer2.jpg

1618407-Star7DanHastingsGuardineer2.jpg.9418c4491ed81d846dd00c4db9343099.jpg

Wow, pretty impressive to have the whole run of Funny Pages Arrow covers. Some really great covers in that run. thumbsup2.gif

Not to flood the board with images (it usually drives me nuts when someone posts 8 images in one post), here are my 8 Funny Pages Arrow covers, in order:

funnypagesvol37.jpg

funnypagesvol310.jpg

funnypagesvol41.jpg

funnypages35.jpg

funnypages39-1.jpg

funnypages40.jpg

funnypages41.jpg

funnypages42.jpg

Here is a book you don't see everyday.

S

amazing-man.jpg

Hey Stephen,

MIND-BLOWING. Absolutely.

Did this one come in with the other A-MAN's on the Metro site? They look like new additons.

Is it for sale, and do I dare ask how much this Church will go for???

Ryan

These funny cover books give little indication of the treasures contained inside. Here's some Gustavson and Burgos

I hope you guys don't mind seeing a little more Guardineer. I know I saw some early Burgos also somewhere but can't find it right now -

1618407-Star7DanHastingsGuardineer1.jpg

Hey Scrooge,

This is wonderful stuff... which comic does this originate from?? Its not ringing a bell!

What a great strip... thanks for posting.