• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I will agree that 2 of those three covers are certainly among Centaur's best - but the giant hand with the sub confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey pal, talk to the (giant) hand!

100_1193.jpg

STEVE

sign-funnypost.gif

Dang! I need another copy of that book ...

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Nice looking copy! Glad you finally tracked one down. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Very nice indeed Ryan - hold your thumb over the LLC and it's high grade! I will agree that 2 of those three covers are certainly among Centaur's best - but the giant hand with the sub confused-smiley-013.gif - unusual anyway. My problem is I have predictable taste - any cover I covet is generally acknowledged as a classic already and the competition is fierce frown.gif - I need more imagination.

Thanks for your comments, all!

Rjpb, my problem is my tastes are out there, so the weirder, more obscure the cover, the better!! Something about that "giant hand" cover has stuck with me since I saw it in the back of an Overstreet guide around 1980. Something oddly surreal about it... and very 1939.

To me , that is the appeal of Centaur's... you get the quality art of the early Timely's, but the stories and covers spin off into wonderful insanity at the best of times!! Look at AMAN #22, or FUNNY PAGES #35 ... just brilliant work (both by Gustavson).

Anyways, not trying to sway you ... in fact, yes, giant hand cover, no good. Everyone, stay away from this awful book!! devil.gif

kdftrent.jpg

hello all..

here is an updated group shot...I traded my v2/12 to Win (waiting on the complete shot!), and in return, Win was gracious enough to allow me to add 3 books to my collection...Bedrock was also kind enough to let me pick up 2 new additions to the KDF family....almost 1/2 way there!

gator (and son)

Looks like you've "upgraded" Little Grader while you were at it! He looks a bit bigger this time. thumbsup2.gif

Nice group shot. While that set isn't growing quite as fast as some of your others in Centaur terms you're breaking the sound barrier. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks like you've "upgraded" Little Grader while you were at it! He looks a bit bigger this time. thumbsup2.gif

Nice group shot. While that set isn't growing quite as fast as some of your others in Centaur terms you're breaking the sound barrier. 893applaud-thumb.gif

thank you!

my son is here wanting me to get rid of his red eyes smile.gif (and he wants to see the falling bricks graemlin again)...he is closing in on 5 years old (my first jpg of him with comic was at 3 going on 4, so my little dude is growing up...and a comic fan at that!)...tonight we made 100 super golden age mylar and extenders, for our funny stuff collection (we've finally finished reading them all, so now we are getting them into some mylar)...and he point to the KDF, wanting to read them...so, I got them out on the floor, and away we go!

gator

kdftrent.jpg

hello all..

here is an updated group shot...I traded my v2/12 to Win (waiting on the complete shot!), and in return, Win was gracious enough to allow me to add 3 books to my collection...Bedrock was also kind enough to let me pick up 2 new additions to the KDF family....almost 1/2 way there!

gator (and son)

Rick, are you manufacturing these yourself? WHERE are you finding these gems?? I am trying to scrape a collection together, and you are there grinding them out in your basement, making your little one color each panel by hand!!!

Great shot!! that is an enviable collection... if you ever end up with any double issues with THE EYE SEES!, let me know!

I agree with AdamStrange... you are breaking land speed records with this set! thumbsup2.gif

kdftrent.jpg

hello all..

gator (and son)

Way to go rick, you are a indeed madman! insane.gif

Ryan, the Eye Sees story in KDF 24 is not by Frank Thomas but is drawn by an artist named Mark Schneider (he was the fill-in guy for Centaur near the end).

STEVE

thank you!

my son is here wanting me to get rid of his red eyes smile.gif (and he wants to see the falling bricks graemlin again)...he is closing in on 5 years old (my first jpg of him with comic was at 3 going on 4, so my little dude is growing up...and a comic fan at that!)...tonight we made 100 super golden age mylar and extenders, for our funny stuff collection (we've finally finished reading them all, so now we are getting them into some mylar)...and he point to the KDF, wanting to read them...so, I got them out on the floor, and away we go!

gator

"Little Gator. Little Gator. Little Gator".

Not little Grader. foreheadslap.gif

I will agree that 2 of those three covers are certainly among Centaur's best - but the giant hand with the sub confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey pal, talk to the (giant) hand!

100_1193.jpg

STEVE

Anytime you need a HAND in getting rid of anyone of those Amazing Man Comics, let me know!!

Great copies!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Way to go rick, you are a indeed madman! insane.gif

Ryan, the Eye Sees story in KDF 24 is not by Frank Thomas but is drawn by an artist named Mark Schneider (he was the fill-in guy for Centaur near the end).

STEVE

Thanks for confirming that , Steve!!

Just picked up this beauty today at the Paradise Toronto Comicon!!

Amazing-Man #16 CGC 6.5 (OW/W)

HPIM1789.jpg

j'naut, i see that little bit of foxing down at the bottom; anyway you lucked into an undisclosed Larson?!?!

Can someone please scan/shoot the opening page of the first Arrow story from Funny Pages 2/10?

I'm going through some of the Centaur reprint books and trying to ascertain if the first Arrow has been reprinted (thnx).

STEVE