• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Typo there, rick - Star Comics 1-6 are all oversized.

There are worse books to have dupes on other than Star 2. :)

Star #9 is a tough book (New Year issue, 1938) - mine is a raw 5.0 and I'm lucky to have it.

Weird. I had star 6 in my reg box , just realized it is a second star 8. So, add star 6 to my want/need list doh!

I will keep eyes open for a #6......bad pix, sorry

158884.jpg.cf794994634cd8695a4b4ef5a3ebe138.jpg

Is there any possibility that this $31,500 "Bid Price" is for real?

http://www.comiclink.com/items.asp?id=24322&FROM=&TO=

It doesn't bother me that someone would ask for an unrealistic price because that happens all the time. But when sham bids are placed to make a book look more valuable than it really is, it troubles me, especially on a respected site like Clink.

Maybe I'm way off base and this book has simply gone up 20x-50x in value over the last couple of years. (shrug)

"#1 MOST UNDERVALUED COMIC! 2ND BRUCE WAYNE PROTOTYPE ISSUE (3 months before Detective 27).

Kane discusses it in many books & OVERSTREET accepts this LANDMARK "SUPER SCARCE" KEY ISSUE!

Do the RESEARCH and compare this prototype to others published over 20 years later & YOU WILL BE ASTONISHED!

Upon analyzing their price ratios, it becomes clear that this issue is DUE FOR AN EPIC CORRECTION & should be a Minimum of $17K-$47K in Top Guide (without acknowledging its historical significance, scarcity or age).

Aggressive? NOT AT ALL! One could easily argue that it should be $75k in Top Guide. And remember, MOST keys sell above guide."

One could also easily argue that the seller is full of mess.

Edited by MrBedrock

Is there any possibility that this $31,500 "Bid Price" is for real?

http://www.comiclink.com/items.asp?id=24322&FROM=&TO=

It doesn't bother me that someone would ask for an unrealistic price because that happens all the time. But when sham bids are placed to make a book look more valuable than it really is, it troubles me, especially on a respected site like Clink.

Maybe I'm way off base and this book has simply gone up 20x-50x in value over the last couple of years. (shrug)

That's just intellectually insulting.

No chance it is real

There's a copy on ebay with 1/3 of a cover that references the $31,000 bid to help justify the $4,500 price. His other item for sale is a jackknife.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funny-Pages-V3-1-PR-FR-Bruce-Wayne-Proto-3-Mon-B4-Detective-Comics-27-Batman-1-/331725832360?hash=item4d3c6680a8:g:DTMAAOSwcBhWY018&rmvSB=true

No chance it is real

Agreed - the anonymity of CLink allows such an over-hyped scenario to develop.

I own the Church copy of that issue and there is no way that I would value it anywhere near this "bid". :eyeroll:

Not always. They once called me and said I had listed my Cap #74 too high as it wasn't realistic to the market. Yeah, whatever. I took that as "we have a buyer but your asking too much so we want to try and talk you down on the price". I delisted it.