• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

And I also assume the FPS laundry giveaway was not distributed since there are no copies with a specific laundry on them, only a "your laundry name".

I would tend to agree with that, Dan - the lack of specific info and the rarity of the laundry promo would lead one to believe that the idea didn't catch on.

Is the AMF a laundy giveaway or CMO?

image_zpsoh1npxos.jpeg

Is that yours? Looks like its mounted in a Mylites 4 "R" series - which one? If there is a board under there its doing a good job of hiding. I never realized how massive these AMFs are until I saw a few of them that were 50 pages+ Apparently someone was telling me there a bunch from 1940ish that were like books coming in near 70 page range.

Is the AMF a laundy giveaway or CMO?

image_zpsoh1npxos.jpeg

Is that yours? Looks like its mounted in a Mylites 4 "R" series - which one? If there is a board under there its doing a good job of hiding. I never realized how massive these AMFs are until I saw a few of them that were 50 pages+ Apparently someone was telling me there a bunch from 1940ish that were like books coming in near 70 page range.

It's mine. Photo before I Mylar/full backed it

[quote=G.A.

right now, I believe I am 4 short of complete publisher, so last night I counted how many I have...

231 is the number, but 2 are promos...

so that leads me to believe I have 229 out of 233...

God forbid there are 290+, but if anyone has a more accurate count, lmk...

I think 233 is the number

Gator, Sorry if this has been covered. Just curious as to which of these books did you find the most difficult to acquire? How do you generally come across them? Internet, boardies, cons, or do you just rub the magic lamp once in a while?

Edited by poundofbull

right now, I believe I am 4 short of complete publisher, so last night I counted how many I have...

231 is the number, but 2 are promos...

so that leads me to believe I have 229 out of 233...

God forbid there are 290+, but if anyone has a more accurate count, lmk...

I think 233 is the number

Gator, Sorry if this has been covered. Just curious as to which of these books did you find the most difficult to acquire? How do you generally come across them? Internet, boardies, cons, or do you just rub the magic lamp once in a while?

most difficult of all is one of the ones I'm still missing

Little Giant comics 4

the other 3 Im missing are actually books Ive owned before, so just need a little luck and patience...

the hard ones to acquire, imo are (keep in mind this is just the harder ones...most all are "hard" to acquire):

amf 1.4, 2.1, 2.6

amazing man 25,26

funny pages 40,41

KDF 1/9,1/10

keen 1,2

star 3,6

most all have come from other centaur collectors and friends

a few from auctions and on a rare occasion a convention...

I was looking at Chuck's sales list for the first Mile High Church copies of Amazing Man thought it might be of interest how things have changed :insane:

Scan0057_zpsllye9vvy.jpg

755071f8-05a7-46a3-a446-496161b35e8c_zpsjwo2pvje.jpg

Interesting - some of the books haven't fared so well since their discovery (for example, the Amazing Man 7 listed as "nm" subsequently had some red pen applied to the spine by Snyder or Anderson).

Interesting - some of the books haven't fared so well since their discovery (for example, the Amazing Man 7 listed as "nm" subsequently had some red pen applied to the spine by Snyder or Anderson).

Ouch!

I was looking at Chuck's sales list for the first Mile High Church copies of Amazing Man thought it might be of interest how things have changed :insane:

Scan0057_zpsllye9vvy.jpg

There is no Amazing Man #5 Mile High? I believe that is the #6 that is circled at the top of the list.

Scan0057_zpsllye9vvy.jpg

There is no Amazing Man #5 Mile High? I believe that is the #6 that is circled at the top of the list.

There is a mh 5, but it likely had been sold before the list was made (or chuck withheld). I've seen it.