• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I was surprised to see five copies of this one on the census.  I would have expected fewer. 

of the funny picture stories laundromat?...I had heard only 3 were found in the jacquet estate?

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I was surprised to see five copies of this one on the census.  I would have expected fewer. 

of the funny picture stories laundromat?...I had heard only 3 were found in the jacquet estate?

I think so.  The census for Funny Picture Stories nn shows two 5.5s, two 5.0s, and a 4.0.  Not to say that there might not be an error or maybe there were resubs of a couple of copies?

I am new to the Boards, but by the time I got here, I had developed an appreciation for early AMFs just by looking thru Gerber.  It seems like the Centaur collectors here are a very close knit and friendly group, generous with sharing their time and knowledge.  Do you guys know who you all are in real life?  Or is this like a masked ball, where no one knows anyone?  Did you know Jon Berk was a Centaur collector before ComicConnect moved his books thru auction?  Was he, too, a Boardie?

How about the consignor of the recent high grade Heritage AMFs.  Was he a boardie?  

I'm sorry for these beginner questions and hope they aren't too out of place here.  I'm embarrassed to even ask, and hope I'm not violating protocol or common sense by asking.

Regards, Clark

7 hours ago, fleepunyhumans said:

I am new to the Boards, but by the time I got here, I had developed an appreciation for early AMFs just by looking thru Gerber.  It seems like the Centaur collectors here are a very close knit and friendly group, generous with sharing their time and knowledge.  Do you guys know who you all are in real life?  Or is this like a masked ball, where no one knows anyone?  Did you know Jon Berk was a Centaur collector before ComicConnect moved his books thru auction?  Was he, too, a Boardie?

How about the consignor of the recent high grade Heritage AMFs.  Was he a boardie?  

I'm sorry for these beginner questions and hope they aren't too out of place here.  I'm embarrassed to even ask, and hope I'm not violating protocol or common sense by asking.

Regards, Clark

Most of us know each other in "real life". We've met at cons , we've shared meals, we've shared books and experiences, etc  

Yes, Jon Berk is a boardie (jbcomicbox) and if you start at page one of this thread you can see his influence here. 

The midwest group (recent heritage offerings) came from an as yet unknown consignor. 

Edited by G.A.tor

13 hours ago, sacentaur said:

This contains the Bruce Wayne prototype story by Bob Kane.

I've seen some absolutely ridiculous asking prices for this issue, and while it is a very cool comic, I'd never pay anywhere close to those sky-high requests.

FPkaneChurch.png

Looks really, really fresh - Cosmic  Aeroplane? How long have you had that Steve - great book.  Really like the snow falling in that blue background.

11 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

Looks really, really fresh - Cosmic  Aeroplane? How long have you had that Steve - great book.  Really like the snow falling in that blue background.

No, these are all Church copies (second-hand) - I bought them direct from Chuck at my first SDCC.