• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Thanks for the kind words, lou_fine. I guess the virus will always be in my blood, but I’ve gotta tap the brakes a bit.

I feel like I’ve been playing musical chairs and now the music has stopped. I’m left with Cap 1, Cap 3, Cap 36, Cap 37, Bat 1, Tec 35 and Planet 58. I whisper sweet nothings into their ears at night. 

I may dork around with some little stuff, just so I don’t have to hang up my spurs completely 

Well, you certainly can't go wrong with any of the 7 beauties which you've decided to keep.  :luhv:

Just a bit surprised to hear that you didn't keep a single Centaur as one of your final 7.  Especially that AMF V2#2 which looks like an absolute keeper in the eyes of most collectors, but I guess you can't keep them all.  Even in the case of Jon Berk and Gator who are both Centaur lovers to the relative extreme.  (thumbsu

Best of luck to you in your auction sales.  :wishluck:

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Was at a local antique store last week and asked the lady if she had any comic books. She said no, then thought a minute and pulled this out of a drawer under the counter. Only one she had.

comkeendetective22.jpg

:applause:Cool find Rm! Of all the publishers to only to have had only 'one' random comic book of..

6 hours ago, sagii said:
22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Was at a local antique store last week and asked the lady if she had any comic books. She said no, then thought a minute and pulled this out of a drawer under the counter. Only one she had.

comkeendetective22.jpg

:applause:Cool find Rm! Of all the publishers to only to have had only 'one' random comic book of..

Yes indeed!  :whatthe:

You would have expected a much more common publisher like DC, Fawcett, or even Timely.

You certainly would not have expected a HTF copy from what would be a much scarcer publisher like Centaur. :luhv:  :takeit:

My first Centaur. Spring 1938.

Cocomalt is chock full of B vitamins and the kids love it!

Cocomalt is also chock full of early GA artists: Charles Biro (cover), Ryan, Bob McCay (son of Winsor McCay), Paul Gustavson, Fred Guardineer, Jack Cole, Claire Moe, Bob Wood. Some of their work follows.

Thanks to the GAtor “Completed Centaur Run” thread for first highlighting for me the Cocomalt and the fantastic story therein, “Dan Hastings, Rad Omeron, the Martian Bandit,” with art by Guardineer.

And thanks to @bedrockcomics for the book!

1395BE95-BD27-45CE-A14D-5FB7A43C1FBF.thumb.jpeg.051c3cce04c00f94e7a95963399ddc17.jpeg

Edited by Zolnerowich
Oops

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You would have expected a much more common publisher like DC, Fawcett, or even Timely.

You certainly would not have expected a HTF copy from what would be a much scarcer publisher like Centaur. :luhv:  :takeit:

The funny part was she almost apologized because it wasn’t Superman or Batman. I think she was happy to be rid if it...:roflmao:

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The funny part was she almost apologized because it wasn’t Superman or Batman. I think she was happy to be rid if it...:roflmao:

She was probably just ecstatic that you didn't charged her a service fee for taking away her waste disposal.  lol  :takeit:

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

My first Centaur. Spring 1938.

Cocomalt is chock full of B vitamins and the kids love it!

Cocomalt is also chock full of early GA artists: Charles Biro (cover), Ryan, (son of) Windsor McCay, Paul Gustavson, Fred Guardineer, Jack Cole, Claire Moe, Bob Wood. Some of their work follows.

Thanks to the GAtor “Completed Centaur Run” thread for first highlighting for me the Cocomalt and the fantastic story therein, “Dan Hastings, Rad Omeron, the Martian Bandit,” with art by Guardineer.

And thanks to @bedrockcomics for the book!

1395BE95-BD27-45CE-A14D-5FB7A43C1FBF.thumb.jpeg.051c3cce04c00f94e7a95963399ddc17.jpeg

Congrats! Only 230 some to go!

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Cocomalt: the 4-pg Dan Hastings story. Sorry for the photo quality; I didn’t want to split the spine any more than I had to! :insane:

8523EC92-EA32-4EE5-AF0E-33D62846D053.thumb.jpeg.2a8fba06cd1354c90b1f1e6dd4044b6c.jpeg

8FC67851-C02E-4E96-BB6F-3A7D90A0788F.thumb.jpeg.56388875e1b0975382da8d4e49253c6d.jpeg

1050A611-BF63-4D51-907C-E64190BAEEC6.thumb.jpeg.f7be09c0d579aaa0c2e266d1101cd6fc.jpeg

D8C19BDD-A356-446E-A8F2-7702BB13EEC5.thumb.jpeg.a6b18d97bce3d9a0e66058776fd6db99.jpeg

Wouldn't be able to tell interiors like that were underneath that cover. :whatthe:

Congrats!