• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWBN 32 CLUB
9 9

334 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2017 at 9:42 PM, Howling Mad said:

Let me preface this by saying that I like Moon Knight...but what the hell is going on with the value of this book?! It's pricing is out of this world. 8.5's fetching $1000-1200?! What's fueling this?

Moon Knight's always been a C tier character, maybe B at best. I haven't seen anything regarding a movie or TV appearance, and this book isn't super rare by any means.

What's the consensus?

Speculation craze man, speculation craze. All I can think of why right now. There is “talk” of a Moon Knight show perhaps on Netflix but it’s all talk right now. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. 

14 hours ago, musicmeta said:

Speculation craze man, speculation craze. All I can think of why right now. There is “talk” of a Moon Knight show perhaps on Netflix but it’s all talk right now. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. 

Yes, all rumour. Besides Marvel is busy with more seasons of the existing characters.

Re: the speculation, we've been discussing it for several years now. As I said previously, people paying $14 + K is ridiculous. A notable comic dealer and I were talking about it once and he said they would never get their money back. It isn't even a case of a quick flip because there is no upcoming film/tv product featuring the character. 

Prices for MSH#13 are currently exorbatant, but least I can understand the demand because it has some basis.

On 7/24/2018 at 3:08 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Is this strictly a WWBN thread or also a general Moon Knight thread?

Should be for WWBN 32 only.  I think the topic sided tracked a little talking about why the price for #32 is so high and there is no movie/TV in the works, just a bunch of talk.

In any condition WWBN 32 is a must buy for me. I love that there is whole group devoted to this book and MK.

I was expecting somewhere in the ballpark of 20-30k but I was simply dumbfounded by 50k. Some naysayers are calling shenanigans. I think it's more likely that someone recognized that 9.8's are scarce and probably is also banking on a MCU appearance at some point. That said, there had to be at least two bidders to get it that high.

Not sure how I am just discovering this group but I can't pass up any opportunity to spread some MK love!! Thanks for having me. Cheers!

wwbn329.4.jpg

wwbn329.6.jpg

On 3/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, Junkdrawer said:

I’m gonna say this was a bad decision. Over paid on a mis wrapped book. Better pray for a block buster movie and a big name star.

Did this really sell for 50 grand? WOW that seems a little high