• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWBN 32 CLUB
9 9

334 posts in this topic

Up to $15k. That absolutely F'n stupid for that book. Someone is going to lose their shirt in a few years when the price returns to normal levels.. That or someone is trolling the auction.

Holy cow :o I had to see for myself if the book is really up to $15k and in fact it is!!! Couldn't believe it. I probably would not pay that amount for a 9.8 copy, not even close.. The seller is certainly the one benefiting from this in a big way. Congrats to him or her!

Him.

Very nice Joey! :applause:

Mrs. Joey already has plans for the money :cry:

Mr. Joey wants a Hulk 181 in 9.8

See so it is for the both of you :baiting: Your book, but Mrs. Joey has plans for the money lol Congrats!

Up to $15k. That absolutely F'n stupid for that book. Someone is going to lose their shirt in a few years when the price returns to normal levels.. That or someone is trolling the auction.

Just as many other books have proven, we will probably think this a bargain in the future.

I don't agree. I think the winning bidder is in for a world of butthurt down the line.

We have seen time and again this happen.

Settle for a white paged, perfectly wrapped 9.6 IH181. I'm sure the wife will be pleased with the money left over. (thumbs u

Sweet sale, Joey!

Already have a Hulk 181 in 9.6. May sell it to help pay for the 9.8.

Just as many other books have proven, we will probably think this a bargain in the future.

Boston Corbett salutes you

Here is a nice roller coaster ride. I do believe thier was a recent 12,000.00 white page sale a few months ago?

HERO FOR HIRE EXAMPLE

Thread summary: someone paid big for a 9.8 , it dropped like a rock , but now it is almost back to the initial value. hm

Edited by paul747

There are currently 12 copies of WWBN #32 graded 9.8 in the CGC census.

Amazing spider man #129 there are currently 89 copies graded 9.8 by CGC.

Incredible Hulk #181 there are 95 copies graded by CGC.

I guess my thoughts on value first go to popularity and of course Punisher and Wolverine win this by a mile.

But secondly is scaricity for me and WWBN #32 wins this race by a mile. Not to mention the difficulty of getting a 9.8 grade on black cover books vs most other covers makes it even harder to obtain in grade.

I'm guessing if this issue continues to gain popularity there will of course be more high end copies surface but there seems to be a huge gap in availability at this point.

Not trying to say Moon knight is or ever will be as popular as these other mega star characters but he does have all the "cool factors" going for him and a small but strong following already.

This all said 15K for ANY comic is a huge chunk of change in my world and this book is not where i'd put that kind of money.

But at the end of the day its all relative to your situation and to some 15K is not a big deal.

If that's the case then I can see owning one of the 12 best copies in the world to date would be pretty cool!

lol Who may also turn out to be a mad genius if NM98 keeps going up in price. The $15K for the 10.0 could also be a "bargain" some day.

It is probably a stupid question but I always make a bold move.

I won WWBN #32 CGC 9.0 Off White to White pages for only $650 before 15% hammer price and shipping fees two weeks ago.

GPAnalysis shows last two sales: one went for $1070 and recent one was $910. Before it it jumped big, the normal price range was $600 to $850 and the increased price was about 20-40%.

I think I got a bargian.

I'd say bargain for sure.

No doubt if you put that on "the bay" you'd make some money.

That said if you feel like you got a bargain and like the book then it's a win regardless of price.

Congrats on a great book at a great price!