• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Expo (Dallas Comicon) -- June 3-5, 2016

212 posts in this topic

Kevin Conroy is one of them.

Will Conroy sign for free again, or was that free appearance at one of the Dallas shows an exception?

Conroy is the best. I got 2 autographs from him and a picture a few years back in Irving. Granted, it was a 2 hour long line but well worth it. A great guy that I would happily wait in line for again.

Conroy won't sign for free. That Irving show was something special. He came back to that same Irving show a year later and he charged. Then he started doing more Cons and he charges. I believe he's also done the big May show at the Dallas Con Center and he charged there.

Just announced:

CHLOE BENNETT

Skye/Daisy, Agents of SHIELD

I've got some comics guests to add - they aren't on the site yet - you found out here first:

JIM CHEUNG

FCBD Civil War 2

AGNES GARBOWSKA

Grumpy Cat

ANDREW & DANITA MANGUM

Despite what everyone thinks of him, I was actually thrilled to see his addition...heard he killed it at Chiller two weeks ago.

Benchwarmers!

Not saying he isn't funny or talented, I was just wondering what the appeal would be for a comic & sci-fi crowd. But if that is how the guest list is going to move in the Fan Expo era I guess that is what we'll see.

The original Fan Expo came from a combination of comics, sci-fi, anime, horror and gaming but the umbrella now covers all of those and more like cosplay, animation, tattoo art, other types of movies (action, comedy, drama), etc. The original core elements are still the main priority.

Just announced:

CHLOE BENNETT

I've got some comics guests to add - they aren't on the site yet - you found out here first:

JIM CHEUNG

FCBD Civil War 2

AGNES GARBOWSKA

Grumpy Cat

ANDREW & DANITA MANGUM

The Comic Creator list for this show is pretty lackluster, especially when compared to some other shows that FanExpo produces. Is Dallas a bad market for that segment? It's just been a little disappointing to watch.

Just announced:

CHLOE BENNETT

JIM CHEUNG

FCBD Civil War 2

AGNES GARBOWSKA

Grumpy Cat

ANDREW & DANITA MANGUM

The Comic Creator list for this show is pretty lackluster, especially when compared to some other shows that FanExpo produces. Is Dallas a bad market for that segment? It's just been a little disappointing to watch.

In what universe is Frank Miller, Todd McFarlane, Klaus Janson, J. Scott Campbell, Dan Slott, Brian Azzarello, Joe Mad, Andy Kubert, etc "lackluster"? You must set a pretty high bar for your guest lists before you'll get excited.

Just announced:

CHLOE BENNETT

JIM CHEUNG

FCBD Civil War 2

AGNES GARBOWSKA

Grumpy Cat

ANDREW & DANITA MANGUM

In what universe is Frank Miller, Todd McFarlane, Klaus Janson, J. Scott Campbell, Dan Slott, Brian Azzarello, Joe Mad, Andy Kubert, etc "lackluster"? You must set a pretty high bar for your guest lists before you'll get excited.

Miller and McFarlane are great gets for sure, but both are one day guests and without paying extra (Miller), it'll be a long day of waiting to get a single signature. None of those guys you listed (understanding that some are writers) except for Joe Mad do any sketches at the show (maybe Campbell, but it depends on how busy he is otherwise and then it's only a few per day), which is half the fun of meeting the artists. About half the rest of the list have already been to a Dallas show at least once or more in the last year.

For comparison sake, just look at the MegaCon list which has over twice as many creator guests. I saw Fan Expo post on facebook in response to someone that they are different shows, and they have different guest goals etc. And maybe that's really what I'm trying to figure out, is Dallas just a less desirable market for the comic creators to visit, or is fan Expo just less interested in the comic side of things for this show?