• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Romance Collectors Thread
7 7

513 posts in this topic

GirlsInLove56fc100_zps20e15306.jpg

Ah for those more carefree days when no one thought twice about the Teacher seeing a High School student ( as long as she was the age of consent). This was how my step-mother met her first husband.

I've always thought of it as the St. Paddy girl cover - which I know you can relate to, Jimbo

you're nice, Brian, but those books...even nicer. "We are #1. All others are #2, or lower."

love your no balloon Bakers, Duke. Thanks for posting!

thanks to 143ksk, who knows a thing or two about choice books

RJ, bingo on colletta's studio and talk about getting schooled

Hey all!! Great thread, Jimbo. Are DC Romance titles okay? Here's one that I think is pretty cool because it looks like a grey-tone but I'm not sure if it is or not.

GirlsLoveStories52_zps51aeb669.jpg

This book came up in one of the last grey-tone threads. It was said to be a wash background, but not a grey-tone. However, it is one of the nicest DC love books across the board. and yeh, this thread is/will be all about DC romance, in addition to other pubs, from the seal to '70.

The sentiment expressed has such finality, such resignation. Resigned to one's fate.

So true. That's why DC can stand for Dark Cloud. The viewpoint is consistent: suffering, despair, resignation. And so we see that DC was on the cutting edge of the New Age/Eastern Consciousness Movement at the time.

The Buddha's most important teachings were focused on a way to end the suffering he had experienced and had seen in other people. His discovery of the solution began with the recognition that life is suffering. This is the first of the Four Noble Truths. As taught by Buddhists, as published by Dark Cloud, as seen in this Girls' Love 141:

GirlsLove141fc100_zps833c563a.jpg

Ah, but there is balance in the universe. No dark, without light. Darth Vader had his Obi Wan - DC had Charlton.

What's that, you say? Charlton?? Those low page rate, blue collar Derby, Ct. goombahs? Yeh, strangely enough, these Italian guys turned out to be the Lightbringers. They were a happy crew and it shined through the books. I want a man! I hope to get a man! We're gonna get married in the Chapel of Love! Take a look, contrast this Sweethearts to the DC book:

Sweethearts29fc100_zps00a59652.jpg

But just when I think I've got this whole thing figured out - they change it up on me! I guess it's the Circle of Life!

Charlton's bringing the pain

ConfidentialDiary13f_zpsrmkppq3q.jpg

while DC's got the hope and change - and a mighty uplifting back cover too, I might add

FallinginLove17fc_zpsbaz73xrj.jpg

SecretHearts44b_zps260kt8ip.jpg