• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Romance Collectors Thread
7 7

519 posts in this topic

Just a shot in the dark.

I was attempting buying every Marvel from 10/57 to 12/79. I need 30 more comics to finish that time frame complete. (I stopped collecting for a few months now....but would really like to finish what I started)

I need the Love type comics.....

Love Romances #74

My Own Romance #60 64

Millie the Model #82 83

Patsy Walker Miss America #88 89

Anyone with these willing to sell any of these....please PM me. :wishluck:

In the working world of comics, what comes around can and often does go around. The man who drew the last SA romance book for Marvel was the guy who pushed them into chasing after GA romance market share in the first place - Jack Kirby.

For Atlas/Marvel, Kirby is attributed with pencil credits for 24 issues, from 9/59 to 7/63. He was inked by Rule, Klein, Hartley, Brodsky, and Ayers - but most often Colletta.

I've posted some of these Kirbys already. Here are some more..

Calling Dr Love!

Sorry,KISS moment there!

Did you happen to get any of those sweet SA Charltons Bedrock offered a few months back?

My copies were delicious!

If the PC ever boots up again....pics...

Beauty stuff all!

Just a shot in the dark.

I was attempting buying every Marvel from 10/57 to 12/79. I need 30 more comics to finish that time frame complete. (I stopped collecting for a few months now....but would really like to finish what I started)

I need the Love type comics.....

Love Romances #74

My Own Romance #60 64

Millie the Model #82 83

Patsy Walker Miss America #88 89

Anyone with these willing to sell any of these....please PM me. :wishluck:

Frankie,ive written these down and am going to pass the list on for you,who knows what could happen?

PM me the rest of the list,ill gladly help all I can for the pleasure of it!

Jimmers

Hey Jimmers! I have those issues Bedrock was selling. They were sweet and had great pricing if I remember correctly. Post those puppies!

I think this book feels more Kirby to me than any other. The hands, the posing - the whole scene is more dynamic than usual.

LoveRomances88f_zps0hzhykw3.jpg

And this brings my Atlas tour to a close. Their last silver book. Jack's last romance book. Published romance, anyway.

It's been fun, King. A 16 year ride, and everyone tagged along for part of it (even Dell coughed up one issue). And it will continue, for another 20 years, off and on - but not with you. That torch has been passed to another, younger generation for the most part.

Next up: DC. Oh baby!

LoveRomances106f_zpswcflfxr6.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Hey Jimmers! I have those issues Bedrock was selling. They were sweet and had great pricing if I remember correctly. Post those puppies!

I think this book feels more Kirby to me than any other. The hands, the posing - the whole scene is more dynamic than usual.

LoveRomances88f_zps0hzhykw3.jpg

As soon as the PC behaves,I'll get tonnes of stuff up.

Great,great cover..I see Alicia and Reed Richards type similarities for sure...and sharp!!

I love the double ring word balloons :luhv:

AllTrueRomance23f_zps5bnczorq.jpg

Which reminds me of this crazy Harry Anderson book. I can't get a credit on the Ajax books, partly because they were Iger studio? But the style is consistent, and it's not a house style I can identify from another romance artist or publisher. If you've got an idea please shout it out.

LoveJournal10fc100_zps42b741a9.jpg

Hey Doc What issue number is this All True Romance?

Do you realise how difficult it is to get Chapel of Love out of your head?

I always hold that song up as proof that there really WERE some abysmal songs that came out of the 60s. It's my favorite decade for music by far. . .but there are a number of true clunkers and this one's one of them.

Right up there with "I got you, Babe."