• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Won This Auction by kaholo1256

10 posts in this topic

Pay Seller Now,

Sweeter words have never been spoken. So after 13 self-submissions, multiple pressings, of copies, purchases of large lots of this single book I finally have a copy of what had simply been the bane of my collecting focus, X-Force #1 the 1st print. For years since I became a member of the CGC addiction I have hunted this one book down and constantly lost out due to last second snipers or the simple inability to find one myself. This one book has cost me more money than I would like to truly admit.

One of the hardest issues in getting this one book in 9.8 condition is that almost all of them are still poly bagged. This creates an issue as the bag itself causes a crease from top to bottom on the back cover and if multiple copies of this book have been placed together, then on the cover as well that regardless of pressing never seems to go away. Additionally if the book hasn't been messed with for years the cards that were placed in the poly bag's also caused little rectangle creases as well. Then when looking for books out of the poly bag they always seem to be in 9.0-9.4 condition with slight creases, nicks, stubs or any other issue that can be thought of.

But finally... FINALLY, have been able to not only acquire a 9.8, and not only a 9.8SS but a 9.8SS signed by Fabian Nicieza which is my first signed book by him. My hunt while temporarily over will most likely be chanced at Amazing Arizona when I go to make this one a double signature book signed by Rob Liefeld. Until then though my search for a 9.8SS of this one book is finally over. I'll hold onto my double cover 9.6SS but I guess I can finally let go of the other lower grade books now.

Anyways, here's the money shot...

16671.JPG

See more journals by kaholo1256

Yes, I also have piles of raw books that couldn't make the 9.8 cut, and a few unwanted CGC books that came back less than 9.8. I go back and forth about whether to buy only already graded books, or still try to grade moderns myself. But sometimes I do get a 9.8 back from CGC -- and when I calcuate the money I saved by grading myself -- I guess overall I'm ahead (although probably just barely).

Congrats buddy!!! I felt the same way about my New Mutants #58 when I finally got!

Tnerb felt the same way, I'm sure, about the New Mutants Annual #4 when he got it. Now we each just to get 9.8s of the other one's. In other words, I still need an Annual #4 and he still needs a #58. We will both feel the same way again when either of us manages those copies as well.

There's nothing quite like acquiring a book that you know is just simply downright tough to find in 9.8, but when you can find the copy raw in an unexpected place under less than ideal storage circumstances, it becomes downright miraculous! I've had that happen a few times now and there's no better feeling.

Again, congrats on finally getting your big one like you want it!

I appreciate it all. It amazes me how hard this one book was for me to find in this particular condition. Just finally nice to get that pivotal issue in my favorite set.

I appreciate it all. It amazes me how hard this one book was for me to find in this particular condition. Just finally nice to get that pivotal issue in my favorite set.

Congrads on the buy (thumbs u

Even with the presumably very high print run this book had, considering the varying defects that can results from the combination of the polybag causing spine tics , along with a loose trading card floating around on the back end of the cover....the card shuffling itself could ding the spine all too easily, factor in a polybag, I can easily see why this book would be tough in 9.8.

Web Of Spiderman 118 also comes to mind as a a toughie in 9.8, due to the bound in trading card inducing spine ticsright above the top of the card.There is a decent amount of other books,like these two, as well.

Hey K-Man,

Good to see a journal from you; I've missed hearing about your comic book endeavors and general awesomeness.

Congrats on the pick-up... she's a beauty!

SW3D