• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2018 at 2:52 PM, kagenish said:

am_271862381771239809231832.jpg&w=1100&q

Is this for real?  It looks like one of the Disney Mermaid shows my daughter use to watch.

You know what I would love to see in the Aquaman movie? Something very meta - like the corporations of the world are trying to commercialize the justice league, making movies and tv shows.  So they'd be making an Aquaman movie/commercial INSIDE the actual Aquaman movie....and THAT Aquaman would be played by either Adrian Grenier or Adrian Grenier as Vinny Chase (of Entourage), preferably also with Mandy Moore as Aquagirl.

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Aquaman trailer do tomorrow.

It better also be uploaded to YouTube.  I'm tired of seeing grainy video recordings on cell phones:facepalm:.

***This comment extends to all trailers at SDCC and all comic cons in general (or gamecon and whatever "cons" out there...too many to keep track of)

Good:

- Looks like a lot of action

- I like the bright colors and humor

Bad:

- CGC was a bit off.  Hope they will clean it up (specifically the fish in the aquarium scene)

- The shark "roars"???

- "Underwater" communication and action is exactly like it would be on land...(shrug).  They didn't do anything special with it.

It felt like an extension of the Justice League trailer.  A lot of good potential.  Just not quite there yet.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Good:

- Looks like a lot of action

- I like the bright colors and humor

Bad:

- CGC was a bit off.  Hope they will clean it up (specifically the fish in the aquarium scene)

- The shark "roars"???

- "Underwater" communication and action is exactly like it would be on land...(shrug).  They didn't do anything special with it.

It felt like an extension of the Justice League trailer.  A lot of good potential.  Just not quite there yet.

Popped in to see how things were going. I'm not sure about the 'CGC' you mention ( :baiting: ). But there was plenty of positive here. Too bad it didn't come across to you yet.

- A comic book-accurate Black Manta. Did anyone catch that? It was incredible.

- Definitely loved Atlantis and how James Wan blended in the underwater people with their local world. Loads of color and details not hidden in shadows.

- I think what we were seeing with the submarine scene was the beginnings of why Black Manta and Aquaman become such enemies. So this is probably James Wan building out the larger universe for a larger later story.

- Rather than tossing away Arthur Curry's origins after two appearances in DCU films, Wan still felt there was an origin story to tell. But it didn't feel like he is allowing this to pull back from a bigger story post-Justice League.

- I didn't have any real issues with the CGI. But worst-case, this is probably like when Infinity War initially shows Thanos and he looked less than real. By the final film, any concerns were gone.

- It appears that the Mera and Arthur love story won't be thrown at us right out of the gate. There will be a buildup between them through all these adventures.

- It turns out after the SDCC trailer, the panel showed additional scenes not to be released yet. It was Aquaman in his traditional outfit. So even that is coming. Sounds pretty cool from the descriptions.

- With the complaints from certain reporting sites about the more evolved Atlanteans, James Wan has noted this is that portion that broke off and lived in deeper waters leading to their evolved state. Sounds like he put thought into this.

- That short scene where Arthur and Mera jump off the side of the ship with a flare of explosive was wild. Those creatures that followed them over the side looks massive.

I look forward to the next trailer. Though I really want them to hold back any deeper details.