• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

If the Production Budget is $160M, that is a 5.1X sales figure. If it is $200M, it is 4.1X. Profitability easily achieved! And when comparing to other high RR candidates, solid company. Unless films like Iron Man and Winter Soldier didn't make money at 4.2X.

hXJdYL3.png

As was noted the #Aquaman production budget is rumored to be anywhere from $160M to $200M, depending on what site you reference. Even thenumbers.com dropped its $200M figure back down to $160M due to unconfirmed figures. Final tally TBD.

the-numbers: $160M

Screen Rant 'How much did Aquaman cost to make?': $160M

TheWrap '11 Riskiest Priciest Movie Gambles': $160M

Deadline 'Aquaman darting to $10M': $200M net (all costs)

Entertainment Cheat Sheet 'Where Does Aquaman Rank': $350M with all included costs

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

As was noted the #Aquaman production budget is rumored to be anywhere from $160M to $200M, depending on what site you reference. Even thenumbers.com dropped its $200M figure back down to $160M due to unconfirmed figures. Final tally TBD.

Entertainment Cheat Sheet 'Where Does Aquaman Rank': $350M with all included costs

No serious estimates are at $160MM for this bloated two and a half hour cartoon.  Even $200MM is probably too low.  All most recent estimates are $350MM all in, however you want to break it up between production and P&A. :foryou:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

No serious estimates are at $160MM for this bloated two and a half hour cartoon.  Even $200MM is probably too low.  All most recent estimates are $350MM all in. :foryou:

-J.

Maybe, Maybe not. Time will tell.

:smile:

52 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Thanks for this, Bosco.

I bit my tongue the other day, because I too really wanted your chart to reflect the generally-accepted production costs of $300M for Justice League and $200M for Aquaman.

Why? Consistency -- truth-in-advertising, and because Aquaman is already profitable and doesn't need a thumb-on-the-scale.

However, at the time, I'd only seen ScreenRant cite $160M - and we know they're notoriously unreliable. The Numbers, however, I see as credible.

Since Jaydog seems to be the only run who truly cares, I'm leaning towards $200M / $150M for the purposes of this thread. 'Cuz he's still wrong.

48 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Thanks for this, Bosco.

I bit my tongue the other day, because I too really wanted your chart to reflect the generally-accepted production costs of $300M for Justice League and $200M for Aquaman.

Why? Consistency -- truth-in-advertising, and because Aquaman is already profitable and doesn't need a thumb-on-the-scale.

However, at the time, I'd only seen ScreenRant cite $160M - and we know they're notoriously unreliable. The Numbers, however, I see as credible.

Since Jaydog seems to be the only run who truly cares, I'm leaning towards $200M / $150M for the purposes of this thread. 'Cuz he's still wrong.

Truth in advertising? Until something is confirmed what is truth other than sources calling out numbers to force a studio to confirm yea or nay. And unfortunately it didn't lead to WB confirming anything. But you keep playing that ' thumb on the scale' tune if that works for you.

(:

Meanwhile, yes. Aquaman's production budget is still TBD. Due to the success of the film it will be in the Deadline Top 20 2018 movies analysis. That site will invest the time to do the research. JL's failure allowed it to ride outside the Top 20 analysis.

10 minutes ago, paperheart said:

5th best Man movie of the year:

BlackKklansman

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

First Man

Mandy

well played.  Dont forget wasp man and the ant

Edited by kav