• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I haven't seen Aquaman yet, but does this movie put to bed any attempt that Marvel might put out a Namor movie in the future?  Would seem like blatant copying now to the mass public I think.

I thought the same thing, which bummed me out because I really like Namor.  However, Marvel movie writers seem to be able to craft their stories better.  Aquaman was not a well crafted story.

Marvel might wait a little, but I'm sure sooner or later we will see Namor.

Imperius Rex!

On 1/9/2019 at 3:09 PM, seanfingh said:

Plot holes you could drive a truck through and a lot of goofiness.  But I walked out completely satisfied and I truly enjoyed it.  It ain't your father's Aquaman, that's for sure.  I would give it like a 6 out of 10, but for a DC film that feels like a stand up triple.

Yes, you can poke holes in about all of the Super Hero movies, especially this one but I liked this movie a lot.  8 out of 10 for me.  Bottom line, I was very entertained.

1 hour ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Hell yea. Love it. Makes me happy that this will be DC's first $1B movie

I heard some bloke called Christopher Nolan, was going to try to make some Batman movies to hit that goal first (DISCLAIMER, so joke isn't spun back against me: in unadjusted USD dollars.)

Oh Noes!

Box Office Mojo has stopped comparing its domestic take to Wonder Woman and has now downgraded it to comparison to Suicide Squad.

After three weeks of release, Aquaman is now pacing $175,000 behind Suicide Squad.

The sky is falling!

Bizarro Bloomberg News:  AT&T/Time Warner today announced a $250MM write-off off on Aquaman.  WB spokesperson stated:  “While we were internally projecting $650MM world-wide box office, the disappointing final $1.1BB+ figure, will result in an unexpected $250MM loss.”  Shareholders applauded the news as the stock closed sharply lower.  #thatdogdon'thunt

With a domestic Friday of $4.56M and $5.7M international the time is coming.

HcFXQHc.png

And if all reporting sources reflected latest China numbers, it would be that much closer.

L3RzGde.png

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

James Wan is about to make a lot of money for his next films

That or Jason Momoa is going to do a dozen direct-to-DVD cop films in Bosnia for international buyers.

Sadly, his only "hit" will be a loose-remake of the Abe Vigoda spinoff to TV's "Barney Miller.":boo:

2 hours ago, kav said:

I live in a world where a dumb movie written by a computer and goofy AF nets a Billion.

I agree - Avatar was mess.

Never been more disappointed in a film. 

Dances With Smurfs.

Edited by Gatsby77

20 hours ago, paperheart said:

Bizarro Bloomberg News:  AT&T/Time Warner today announced a $250MM write-off off on Aquaman.  WB spokesperson stated:  “While we were internally projecting $650MM world-wide box office, the disappointing final $1.1BB+ figure, will result in an unexpected $250MM loss.”  Shareholders applauded the news as the stock closed sharply lower.  #thatdogdon'thunt

Jaydog works for AT&T/WB? :whatthe:

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kav said:

I live in a world where a dumb movie written by a computer and goofy AF nets a Billion.

Black Panther or Avengers Infinity War? 

According to some, Aquaman is still losing money which is a far cry from "nets a Billion".......... 

Edited by kimik