• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

Makes sense. I think $325M's still a stretch but Mendelson's not off base, given that Aquaman's now pacing $3.8M ahead of Suicide Squad, which ultimately finished with $325M.

And given the poor reviews, I think Glass will play like a typical horror movie and make the vast majority of its revenue this weekend and then dropping off.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Makes sense. I think $325M's still a stretch but Mendelson's not off base, given that Aquaman's now pacing $3.8M ahead of Suicide Squad, which ultimately finished with $325M.

And given the poor reviews, I think Glass will play like a typical horror movie and make the vast majority of its revenue this weekend and then dropping off.

MLK weekend typically a good one, so should be looking at $305MM thru next Monday which will make $325MM+ look much more likely.

Went to see Aquaman with some non comic book friends (including my husband). We all loved it:) I do have to see it again because there was so much going on at once. There were holes in the plot for sure, but it's a COMIC movie, so I was not surprised.

I was surprised to like Jason M so much. He was not my ideal Aquaman.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Looks like kicking off a release schedule outside the USA before bloggers and critics can do their damage worked this time around.

I would not be surprised if the largest investors of the film were from China (individuals or corporate) and that they made releasing the film in China first a stipulation for their funding. 

20 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Hard not to like Jason M. after you watch his video of going home to Iowa.

I take it you never saw Stargate Atlantis or the Conan Reboot :facepalm:

I am not defending his early movie choices that I am sure he took for pay checks.

If you watch the video on You Tube I think you will find it hard not to like him.
I didn't know anything about it, but after watching it made me like him a lot more.

Going forward mainstream will never think of this as Aquaman again.

image.jpeg.431bb065e37489587c6671f8e4e4f24b.jpeg

now only the modern superior reboot!

Image result for aquaman movie

This is like how silver age Flash Barry Allen and Green Lantern replaced Jay Garrick Flash and Alan Scott Green Lantern.

Well done job WB making Aquaman modern again.

Image result for orson welles clapping

Saw it over the weekend.  Wife liked it more than I did.

Action scenes were at times hard to follow.  Forced humor didn't work in most cases (writing?  or actor delivery?  or both?).  Plot holes galore.

Special effects were top notch.  Step above Justice League is about the best thing I can say about it.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:38 PM, fastballspecial said:

Hard not to like Jason M. after you watch his video of going home to Iowa.

Hadn't seen that, but just looked it up.  Very sweet.  Growing up in Iowa I could relate.  Now I may just have to go watch the movie.

Saw this for a 2nd time last night. Orm's helmet is seriously so stupid. I don't understand why they did this. It distracts from an otherwise visually stunning film. It's nonsense.

One of the jump scares actually got me again. It was still very entertaining this time around. Good re-watch value mostly for its visuals, Curry's humanity, and Mera's beauty.

Totally floored by how popular this movie proved. Gives me hope that the comic book movie genre isn't on the decline as long as studios are ready to move beyond the standard characters and make a quality product. If Warner can produce a few more of these, then perhaps we might actually have the foundation of a DCEU instead of relying on the tried, true, and boring Batman/Superman duo as the core pillar.

saw it on Thursday 

I liked it especially for a character I knew nothing about.

it was a bit too long but you can tell the studio gave total control to the director which is good especially for this studio

i love amber heard and I was very pleased

2.5 out of 5