• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

I’m just busting this movies balls, you know I’m a DC fanboy. I didn’t hate Aquaman, I just wanted to throat-punch the movie. DC’s been letting me down but I have high hopes for SS2 despite SS1.  And Shazam sounds like it will work for me. 

21 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’m just busting this movies balls, you know I’m a DC fanboy. I didn’t hate Aquaman, I just wanted to throat-punch the movie. DC’s been letting me down but I have high hopes for SS2 despite SS1.  And Shazam sounds like it will work for me. 

:foryou:

It's all good. We're just having fun on here.

Finally went to the theater tonight to see Aquaman and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Overall it was a decent story and it kept us engaged throughout.  I'll admit that when I go to the movies, I typically park my brain and just enjoy the ride that the director puts me on. This was an enjoyable ride that had me engrossed in this undersea world.  I'm a comic purist to an extent so the whole Momoa version of Aquaman is completely not the comic book version from the Bronze Age comics I loved as a kid, but when I put that aside I really enjoy the character.  The supporting characters, especially Amber's queen Mera, were fun to watch.  Overall I think this would be in my top 10 DC movies.

Just watched this last night......................can't believe this movie was almost 2.5 hours.....i haven't read this thread before posting....maybe everyone loved it.....the acting may have been the worst i've seen since Eddie Murphys take on Dr Doolittle

Even though i asked myself why did Aquaman, a good guy, let the dude die, i didn't care enough to give it too much thought.  His death was justified as recompense for my 2 hours of agony.

oh, and the wife asked...is that how they color their hair in Atlantis, it's an odd shade of red...that's about the extent of the movie conversation in 2:23:00.

Edited by krighton

Just now, Bosco685 said:

$140K behind Spider-Man: Homecoming? Aquaman? :whatthe:

Momoa brought my wife and 19 year old daughter to his fan base from GoT, so it is much more than just the character that accounts for the popularity of any given movie. He brings something of a cool, tough guy vibe to the movie that none of the Peter Parker's will ever possess. (I looove Tom Holland as Peter but he is much more geek than badazz.)

1 minute ago, Bird said:

Momoa brought my wife and 19 year old daughter to his fan base from GoT, so it is much more than just the character that accounts for the popularity of any given movie. He brings something of a cool, tough guy vibe to the movie that none of the Peter Parker's will ever possess. (I looove Tom Holland as Peter but he is much more geek than badazz.)

Fair points. Momoa does seem to bring the ladies.

aquaman-star-jason-momoa-pushes-husbands

And their kids.

:insane:

13 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Impressive.

We live in a world where an Aquaman movie outgrossed each of the last _three_ live-action Spider-Man movies domestically.

It's crazy. I never would have predicted such a massive win. And get this...

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

With Aquaman bluray sales coming 3/26, it will be interesting over time to see where it lands on the list.

DCU_homesales190323.PNG.6badd45a78b30fc222d5d3e25c88b10a.PNG

Most probably more Man of Steel and Wonder Woman than the other films.

Wow! I didn't realize how big the Blu-ray and DVD market is. Those are some good numbers.