• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

'Aquaman' Movie Promo Poster Reveals First Look at New Costume

LVbLdpf.jpg

A photo of Warner Bros' display at Licensing Expo (which has already made waves for the first look at Shazam!) has been making the rounds online, which showcases a brand new look at Arthur Curry/Aquaman (Jason Momoa) in the upcoming solo film. The promo art, which you can check out, shows Aquaman in a decidedly more armored look, with (what appears to be) an orange and green palette that resembles the character's classic comic look.

Rumors of a more "classic"-looking costume have been popping up for quite a few months now, with a version most recently being teased earlier this month in a leaked LEGO set. Still, the costume almost takes on a completely different life of its own in this photo -- and hint at a rather badass take on the iconic character.

"I think after Justice League, everyone got a pretty refreshing look at what Zack [Snyder] intended for Aquaman." Momoa explained in an interview last month. "He's a little grump and gruffy. Now, we get to know why he's that way. We're in the origin story, and we're going to find out why he wasn't loved in Atlantis and why he wasn't loved on the surface. Now he has something that's beautiful that can help the world...And it's someone bringing it out of you even though you don't think you have it."

16 minutes ago, Joshua123456 said:

I think Aquaman will make more $ than wonder woman.

Highly, highly doubt it but as any movie - comes down to how good the plot is.

Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Covers New Magazine

aquaman-jason-momoa-costume-magazine-cov

And with six months before the premiere of Aquaman, it looks like Warner Bros. is starting to roll on the promotional campaign to drum up some interest in the rightful heir to Atlantis' throne. The Newfoundland Herald, a weekly magazine available in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, features Jason Momoa in full armor on the cover of the latest issue.

This is the best look yet we've gotten at Aquaman in costume for the new film, though promo images did debut last moth during the Las Vegas Licensing Expo. That was the same event where fans got their first official look at Zachary Levi in his costume as the hero Shazam!

The costume appears to be similar to what Momoa sported in the Justice League movie, except it appears to be more colorful on this vibrant magazine cover. It's possible it's been touched up or this is merely a placeholder taken from the promotion of DC Films' team up movie.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:52 PM, kagenish said:

am_271862381771239809231832.jpg&w=1100&q

I like it.  I think it has a lot of potential.  I think Aquaman is going to take a more colorful approach and deviate from the dark atmosphere in the previous DCEU movies.

How they will handle the underwater conversations and action will be interesting.  Hopefully they can pull off some slow-mo matrix scenes.