• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

JOBLO Exclusive: Rumored villain for Aquaman, Mera's role, & diversity in the DCEU

Many comic fans commonly reference Black Manta as Aquaman's primary villain (a la Batman's Joker), but it's actually someone much closer to him in more ways than one. I'm told that OCEAN MASTER aka Orm Marius/Curry aka Aquaman's half brother is the villain that's currently being developed to square off with the King of Atlantis in his first solo outing, which is said to be reminiscent of the comic struggles of the duo in a brother-vs-brother fight for the throne of Atlantis, but as Charles Roven told Collider yesterday, they're just getting into the screenplay, so the details of the story are still developing...

"We're very early days. We’re just starting with the screenplay. He’s making The Conjuring 2 now, so he’s had his hand in the creation of let’s just call it a working document from which to write. But he’s directing that film [and] he’s got his hand ever so slightly in the development, but he’s really gonna throw himself into it after he finishes shooting Conjuring 2. And we’re planning on it being his film after Conjuring 2. He is a serious Aquaman fan."

:ohnoez:

'Aquaman' Gets A New Writer Read more at: https://tr.im/YRHrz

According to The Hollywood Reporter, screenwriter David Leslie Johnson has been hired to write the screenplay for Warner Bros. Pictures "Aquaman" film starring Jason Momoa ("Game of Thrones"). Director James Wan ("The Conjuring", "Furious 7") is signed on to helm the DC comic adaptation which would feature Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, the King of Atlantis.

Johnson began his career as a production assistant for Oscar-nominated director Frank Darabont. He went on to write the screenplays for various films such as Jaume Collet-Serra's "Orphan", Catherine Hardwicke's "Red Riding Hood" and Jonathan Liebesman's "Wrath of the Titans." Johnson recently collaborated with director James Wan on his horror-sequel, "The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist."

:facepalm:

Poor Aquaman. He gets no respect.

FOR NOW!

:whee:

Recent events have made me reconsider my above snide remark.

I Hope it a nice film for all aqua-fans.

:foryou:

Amber Heard Reportedly In Talks To Play 'Mera' In JUSTICE LEAGUE & AQUAMAN

Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' may have just found his 'Mera'. According to a new report from Variety, Magic Mike XXL and 3 Days To Kill star Amber Heard is in talks for the role of Orin's flame-haired wife - and she could well first appear in Zack Snyder's Justice League!

tumblr_ltkt1543Wd1r23tzz.gif

News reports recently revealed that Amber Heard is in negotiations to play Mera in Justice League and Aquaman.

Wonder what she might look like, but just can’t wait for an actual photo? Same here! That’s why artist BossLogic created this rendition of what Heard might look like in the role.

ambermeravsd-165953.jpg

Mud and Midnight Special Director Jeff Nichols Explains Why He Turned Down Aquaman

With huge buzz coming off the success of Mud, director Jeff Nichols was being courted all over Hollywood last year, just as Warner Bros. was starting to put their DC Extended Universe slate together in earnest.

So, of course, he took some meetings with the studio and was apparently being considered for the Aquaman gig which ultimately went to Furious 7 filmmaker James Wan.

Why didn't he take the gig? Apparently, he couldn't see himself working within the restrictions Warners had in place for the DC movies, which have to interact with one another to created the "shared universe" feel expected from superhero films nowadays.

Mud and Midnight Special Director Jeff Nichols Explains Why He Turned Down Aquaman

With huge buzz coming off the success of Mud, director Jeff Nichols was being courted all over Hollywood last year, just as Warner Bros. was starting to put their DC Extended Universe slate together in earnest.

So, of course, he took some meetings with the studio and was apparently being considered for the Aquaman gig which ultimately went to Furious 7 filmmaker James Wan.

Why didn't he take the gig? Apparently, he couldn't see himself working on an Aquaman movie and then taking himself seriously...let's be honest...Aquaman movie? Sounds like something a TV show would make fun of...

Found the real article...surpisingly it had just one small edit change... (shrug)

With Justice League set to begin filming next month, Momoa is getting his body, his mind, and his hair prepped to play the King of the Seven Seas. Today, the Baywatch and Game of Thrones alum posted a photo revealing his new sun-dyed blond hairdo.

XyQ3qQB.png

Asked by IGN at WonderCon this weekend whether Aquaman will be taking a similarly dark approach, The Conjuring director James Wan replied: "The kind of filmmaker that I am...even my darker horror films generally are still very fun and I think that's important for me and the kind of films I make."

"Aquaman is a character that a lot of people have made fun of over the years and I just think it's fun to actually show a really different, cool, badass side to this character, but at the same time, let's not forget to have fun with it."

Aquaman Director Talks How Film Will Blow People's Expectations Away

“As we all know, Aquaman is somewhat the butt of the joke in the superhero world,” Wan said. “There’s something cool about that. I love the idea of being the underdog, coming in with a take on this underdog character and completely blow people’s expectations away. Like, ’Oh, you thought he was going to be a wimpy character? No no no.’ It’s going to be so cool.”

“There’s Justice League that happens before it, so I have to be respectful to that,” he added. “But in a lot of ways… it’s a continuation but there are origin elements as well — and that’s the story that I’m excited to tell.”

Aquaman Director Talks How Film Will Blow People's Expectations Away

“As we all know, Aquaman is somewhat the butt of the joke in the superhero world,” Wan said. “There’s something cool about that. I love the idea of being the underdog, coming in with a take on this underdog character and completely blow people’s expectations away. Like, ’Oh, you thought he was going to be a wimpy character? No no no.’ It’s going to be so cool.”

“There’s Justice League that happens before it, so I have to be respectful to that,” he added. “But in a lot of ways… it’s a continuation but there are origin elements as well — and that’s the story that I’m excited to tell.”

He is very much the Scooter of the Justice League... ;)

What I want to see in this movie is Aquaman riding on top a giant squid*!

:)

*(Or other large aquatic animal).