• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"This Score Needs Fixing" Thread - LOCKED FOR NOW

82 posts in this topic

• Administrator

This Thread Locked until Site Bugs can be Repaired!

This is the place to request that scores in the CGC Registry competitive sets be evaluated. You may have slight disagreements with scores, but some of those slight disagreements just boil down to a judgment call. What we're looking for here are clearly incorrect scoring examples. Please provide links, sales histories or any other data that may be helpful in making the appropriate changes to the score.

***If the score simply has a “0” your request should go in the Set Expansion Thread or PM me.****

Here is the list I am working on. Please be patient!

Incredible Hulk #1, 102 (DONE)

Batman 181, 251, 357, 386 (DONE)

Amazing Spider-Man 252, 361, 678 Variant Ed, Annual 21

Wolverine Limited Series and Legends 1 & 3

X-Factor 5, 6 & 24 & 19

Walking Dead #92 & 63, 1, 116 3rd Print, 144 Sketch Variant

-------------------------------------------

John Byrne's Next Men 21

Savage She Hulk 1

Firestorm 1 & 3

X-Men 129

Green Lantern 201

Flash #139

Flash Comics #86

Spider-Gwen 1 Hughes Variant Cover

Brave and Bold #25

Wolverine #1 (2010) Campbell Variant

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 Land Variant

Ultimate Fallout #4 Djurdjevic Variant

Wolverine #145 Nabisco Variant

Daredevil #1

Detective #39

Strange Tales #89

Captain Britain #8

Batman 608 RRP (down?)

Avengers #181, 144

Defenders #28

Iron Man #44

Jungle Action #5

Marvel Premiere #19, 15

Marvel Team-Up #95

Power Man #24, 48

Power Man and Iron Fist #50

Forever People 1 (1971)

Siege (2010) #3 Campbell Variant Cover

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #510 Sketch Cover

Giant-Size Defenders #3

Marvel Super-Heroes #13

Sgt. Fury #1

FYI - There are a few glitches with the system that affect the speed of updating scores, I am trying to work around them however the process may still be slow. Currently single issues can be updated but series/multiples causes an error. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi Gemma,

I noticed when I was adding the same book to different sets the score was off. I have a copy of Marvel Graphic Novel 4 New Mutants signed 8.5 and the score says it is 13 points and shows up as 13 points in the New Mutants (1983) set but shows up only as 10 points in the New Mutants (complete) set and the Marvel Copper Age First Appearances set.

Not exactly the end of the world but I did notice the discrepancy.

Thanks,

Matt

Gemma,

I don't think that the Walking Dead #61 should be on the list - it was raised not too long ago (within the past year). Unless I'm mistaken, I think the post about it was to request that #92 (1st appearance of Jesus) should be raised to match #61. If I'm incorrect in my thinking, please let me know (I made basically the same post regarding this in the WD thread in the Modern section).

On that same note, I think #63 should get a slight bump - with the Chew book previe in that issue the sales on the book are stronger than their current point value.

So to recap - please consider a point increase for the following:

Walking Dead #92 (1st Jesus)

Walking Dead #63 (Chew preview)

Thank you for all that you do for us registry members!!! :)

Ryan

Hi Gemma,

On the issue information for Marvel Graphic Novel 4 a signature series copy is listed as being 13 points or was I see the scoring has been adjusted.

No worries.

Thanks,

Matt

Flash Comics 86 is woefully low. Very difficult book, quite pricey when you track it down, and a key, Golden Age first appearance.

I think it should be on the same level as Flash Comics 2 or 104...if not higher. It demands about the same price. Maybe a bit more than those two.

Gemma,

The Cherry Poptart Registry now has a "Cherry's Jubilee (1994) 1" in the registry set. I am hoping you don't add every printing for every issue. Could you please remove this or list it as part of the Cherry's Jubilee 1 as a 2nd printing with lower point value?

Gemma,

The Cherry Poptart Registry now has a "Cherry's Jubilee (1994) 1" in the registry set. I am hoping you don't add every printing for every issue. Could you please remove this or list it as part of the Cherry's Jubilee 1 as a 2nd printing with lower point value?

+1

Hi Gemma,

I just added some books and found a error in the points allocated to the Ms. Marvel 16-18 set when I added my books.

For my regular Ms Marvel set issue 16 is worth 28 points for a 9.0 signature series but is only 17 points when added to the 16-18 set

The Ms. Marvel issue 17 is 138 points for a signature series 9.6 but is 83 points for the 16-18 set

and the Ms. Marvel 18 is 198 points for a 9.4 signature series but is 83 points in the 16-18 set.

Is there a reason for the same book being worth different points in two different sets yet is the same book?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Gemma,

It just seemed really odd since when I polled the comic scores for the same issues in both sets they had completely different values and was wondering if it was a normal thing for a subset to have.

You rock,

Matt

• Administrator

At one time there was a plan to try to have different scores depending on the book's importance in that specific set, but it became too complicated and difficult to manage with the current functionality on the site (and the fact that it is a one-person job) so I decided to just make each book have one score (other than non-competitive when applicable) so that it is easier to manage and change.

Gemma,

I don't understand why some reprinted comic books have competitive value while other don't have competitive value?

3 examples below:

1. Witchblade Origin Special 1 Wizard Authentic Edition (non-competitive) has zero value for a 9.8 while the same reprint: Witchblade Origin Special 1 American Entertainment Edition has 35 points value for a 9.8. They are the same reprinted book with the same cover and printed at the same time. The only difference is that the non-competitive comic has a wizard holo-graphic sticker on it!

2. Amazing Spider-man #1 has 2 reprints with one very hard to find and in big demand for a reprint

Amazing Spider-Man 1 Golden Record Reprint (non-competitive) and

Marvel Milestone Edition: Amazing Spider-Man 1 (non-competitive)

I really believe that the Golden Record reprint should have value since this book is very rare and extremely hard the find!!

Lastly,

The original X-Men had reprints in issues #67 (Dec. 1970) through #93 (June 1975). So I would think that all these issues should also be non-competitive and should also have no value using similar reasoning!

If you can explain the difference that would be great!

Thanks Gary T.

• Administrator

It was requested that all Wizard Authentic be made non-competitive. The Golden Record Reprint has a score in the Golden Record Reprints set as does the Milestone Edition.

Hi Gemma!

Can you fix the Amazing Spider-Man 678 variant edition points? A 9.8 would sell for $3,500 (ish) given it's recent spike in rarity and popularity. A 9.6 would sell for $1,750 (ish). I'm not sure if the points are typically based on value or what you use. Hope it helps!

Thanks! (worship)

Jerome

Hi Gemma,

I think this comic rates a higher score than 24 in 9.8 blue:

Spider-Gwen 1 Hughes Variant Cover

This comic regularly sells for over $200 in that grade, and also goes for over $100 in raw.

Thanks

Mike

Message: Hi! I just updated my Collection with Brave and Bold #25 in 5.5. This is the first issue of the very first Suicide Squad. I paid $1871 for it on Comic Connect. The price is rather high because this is a very sought after book (thanks in part to the upcoming movie and its great rarity) I was shocked to see that it only was worth 120 points!!! Is there any chance of your updating the value of this book? Also, is there any place where you post changes to other books you have made? I recently saw that Brave and Bold #28 was upgraded, to my delight since I have 3 copies of it. Thank you very much Larry

BTW, This is my first post, so take it easy on me if I am not following proper protocol. I live in the boonies and love collecting, but don't get to share much, so this forum is great--despite the trouble I seem to have logging in. I believe I am listed int he collectir society under my name, Larry Snyder and I am now ranked 382 with 43485 points. Anyone wanting to trade/buy/offer would be nice to "Talk" .

Thanks!!

Hi Gemma,

I'm going to apologize for this one up front as I can't imagine it hasn't been brought up yet. However, I don't see it on the to do list.

Tales of The Teen Titans 44 is worth many more points in the Tales of The Teen Titans set than it is as part of the New Teen Titans set. Am I missing something or does that need to be changed?