• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,617 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2018 at 10:18 PM, Rezin1234 said:

Random superman issue but was so nice I decided to get graded. Issue 145 graded 8.5 with white pages. Actually thought it would do better but what can u do. 

IMG_8874.JPG

Just a pet peeve, but does anyone else dislike how the Comics Code stamp intrudes into the logo of so many SA comics? Either it should have been smaller, or the logo should have been reduced. Too much clutter. 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:42 AM, Sarg said:

Just a pet peeve, but does anyone else dislike how the Comics Code stamp intrudes into the logo of so many SA comics? Either it should have been smaller, or the logo should have been reduced. Too much clutter. 

I don't like the intrusion either--never did.  But I like the Mort Weisinger edited Supermans.  They were lots of fun to read.  Silly, yes.  but such a joy especially as a kid and Supermans were targeted for kids.  Something was wrong if you were in High School and still reading them.  

1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

Just got this.  The cover is so cool.  Nice colors.  I have a thread in the PGM area if anyone wants to help.   This is a keeper for me.

5a90fd2310ab4_det260front.thumb.jpg.2f85e9fadb74cadc037636db5ff7a3a7.jpg

I love the science-fiction era Batmans.  Product of its era, I suppose.  Probably won't happen again but that's what make them so cool.  Great condition.  I don't care about actual grade-as long as it looks great--and yours does.  Great issue of Detective Comics.  Thanks for sharing.

On 2/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, Sarg said:

The comics code stamp was a big deal back then so they displayed it prominently !! i have seen bigger stamps than that ! (and i like them , they give the comic character 2c)

0327181938.thumb.jpg.bc19feb72fc1bb10f1478592080a264c.jpgI'm new to the forum so there may be a learning curve with the image down loading. I just got 5 new 10-cent'ers that I'd be proud to show off! Just happy to find a place that appreciates this sort of thing!

Edited by flashlites