• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,572 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

Is there something special about the #22 I'm not aware of?  I've only got a couple of the 10c issues of the title...

(What can I say?  I like Frazetta and Finlay...)

Mystery_in_space_001.jpg

Mystery_in_space_019.jpg

Other than it's a great cover, I don't know.  I was very surprised at the final price.  I bought mine 3 years ago for less than $50...And...you know, these are actually GA books...LOL...but who cares...

44 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Other than it's a great cover, I don't know.  I was very surprised at the final price.  I bought mine 3 years ago for less than $50...And...you know, these are actually GA books...LOL...but who cares...

Fine, back to unambiguously silver 10c books.  I went back to my LCS this weekend to get a couple more of the Strange Adventures only to find they were having a half off sale.  So I wound up getting 10 of the 15 Atomic Knights issues for under $50 total.  Only four of them were 10c issues, though:

Strange_Adventures_123.jpg

Strange_Adventures_126.jpg

Strange_Adventures_129.jpg

Strange_Adventures_132.jpg

16 hours ago, OtherEric said:

A couple more Strange Adventures today.  The 53 is the last pre-code issue, and I think a lot of people would like to get a hand on the 110 these days.

Strange_Adventures_053.jpg

Strange_Adventures_110.jpg

Thanks to Jimjum I got my Strange Adventures #110 just a bit before it went up crazy. Resting in a CGC 8.0 case now...:cloud9:

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Thanks to Jimjum I got my Strange Adventures #110 just a bit before it went up crazy. Resting in a CGC 8.0 case now...:cloud9:

The #110 is decidedly all over the place right now price wise.  I’m happy with what I paid for my low grade but presents well for the grade copy, though.  And in the wild finds are always fun.

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

The #110 is decidedly all over the place right now price wise.  I’m happy with what I paid for my low grade but presents well for the grade copy, though.  And in the wild finds are always fun.

My experience is that “all over the place” is usually in the wrong place when I want to buy..,:nyah:

On 2/23/2020 at 3:41 AM, jimjum12 said:

It's a good time for buying "B" list DC books....got a good eBay deal on this Jack Kirby/ Wally Wood masterpiece. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN9565 (2).JPG

DSCN9567.JPG

DSCN9568.JPG

You have to love the Kirby/ Wood combo.  I actually found this one in the wild a couple months ago or so:

Challengers_of_the_Unknown_06.jpg

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

This just in 10 cent-er fans! So glad to finally have one! 

Flash 105.jpg

That's a big book @flashlites :)

I'm glad you as a flash fan got it! Classic cover too always reminds me of enter the dragon with Bruce Lee 

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

There aren't too many Flash ten cent-ers left for me to get now! The Showcases are a pipe dream for me... I still need 106, 110, 111 and 112.

Never say never lol

But I feel you, even in low grade some books are out of range, but you got a nice one this time