• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,576 posts in this topic

Awesome 10 cent-ers Adam Strange!!!! That Flash 112 has always been one of my very favorite Flash covers. Those are great looking copies. Show us more!!!!!!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

very nice looking books thumbsup2.gif

great colors and sharp corners...... acclaim.gif

This thread is an amazing showcase of comic book history! 893applaud-thumb.gif (Pun intended!) As early as the mid-1980s I had given up trying to find early 1960s or 1950s DC's in high grade, thinking they pretty much didn't exist. Now I know why I could never find them -- you guys got to them first! What's impossible is finding them not only in grade, but without the edge tanning that frequently plagues them. Keep them coming. I'll post some more myself later.

Joe

it also shows the tip of the iceberg of how many nice SA DCs are out there unslabbed, perhaps.... I agree with many that when all is said and done, DCs will always be harder to find than early Marvels.... but clearly there are many DCs sitting quietly in mylars still....

:I don't think those were the big guns and you're still killing me. I feel like the black knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I keep coming back for more punishment.

No way. If this were a boxing match, you'd BOTH have heads that looked like a sack of bloody meat. Sweet books! Just plain old jaw-droppers, and stuff you just don't see! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This thread is an amazing showcase of comic book history! 893applaud-thumb.gif (Pun intended!) As early as the mid-1980s I had given up trying to find early 1960s or 1950s DC's in high grade, thinking they pretty much didn't exist. Now I know why I could never find them -- you guys got to them first! What's impossible is finding them not only in grade, but without the edge tanning that frequently plagues them. Keep them coming. I'll post some more myself later.

Joe

A number of collections came on the market post mid-80s. You gave up too soon! (Although there still aren't enough to go around.)

Damn showoff.............. grin.gif

acclaim.gif How's that line from Crocodile Dundee go, "Showoff? Heh heh, that's not showing off. THIS is showing off": yay.gif

810048001o.jpg

Sorry I have to use the Heritage scan, but my scanner has been down since before this beauty arrived.

acclaim.gif How's that line from Crocodile Dundee go, "Showoff? Heh heh, that's not showing off. THIS is showing off": yay.gif

810048001o.jpg

Sorry I have to use the Heritage scan, but my scanner has been down since before this beauty arrived.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

now THAT' S the big gun.................893applaud-thumb.gif

A likely story. You're not the only person who "claims" to own the vaunted first appearance of Starfish-Man, Scourge of the Shallow Seashore, arch-nemesis of Aquaman's feet!

It's a minor key at best, and yet so many people fuss over it. Why? I'll never know. One of the great mysteries of the universe -- just like "Where did that extra brown sock go?"

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

now THAT' S the big gun.................893applaud-thumb.gif

Almost as impressive as Mark's Showcase #4 CGC 9.2 -- BUT NOT QUITE!!!! poke2.gif

stooges.gif

A likely story. You're not the only person who "claims" to own the vaunted first appearance of Starfish-Man, Scourge of the Shallow Seashore, arch-nemesis of Aquaman's feet!

It's a minor key at best, and yet so many people fuss over it. Why? I'll never know. One of the great mysteries of the universe -- just like "Where did that extra brown sock go?"

You'll be seeing stars soon if you keep this up! sumo.gif Methinks I need Redhook to drop a JLA Psychedelico masterpiece on your arse to give you some new nightmares! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You'll be seeing stars soon if you keep this up! sumo.gif Methinks I need Redhook to drop a JLA Psychedelico masterpiece on your arse to give you some new nightmares! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Wake me when you buy a $100 scanner to take a picture of your $60K+ book. poke2.gif