• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,623 posts in this topic

What about the 15 to 25 cents jump :boo: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

My allowance had jumped from 25 to 50 cents that summer, so it wasn't that bad for me. A few months later I got my first paper route and suddenly I could buy all the comics I wanted.

Scan%204_zpskfvmxcem.jpg

There was once a comic shop called Passport in L.A., and the owner was like a side show barker...one time he put up a wall full of Supe 123s and told everyone it was a rare issue. He had at least 20 of them on the wall. lol Maybe he cornered the market on them... (shrug)

Earl was something else...

Another time he put up a wall of Dave Stevens books...and was asking $15 to $25 apiece (this was in like 1988). I drove around and found all the issues in other shops for 25 cents each... lol

Edited by tricolorbrian

Here's a new one for me, always liked this Curt Swan cover:

adc261cgc.jpg

too bad about the picture Lana is bustin over Superboys head, she's had it a long time!

sb22cgc.jpg

Very nice :applause: great catch on the picture

I've always loved this cover, and stumbled across a pretty decent copy on eBay that wasn't too ungodly expensive....... so it's going into my small stack of 10 cent D.C.'s that I am very unmotivated to ever sell. GOD BLESS...

D.C. PURPLE :cloud9:

I knew I had a copy of Superboy 79 also. I agree, it's a keeper. Always loved the cover.

Here's my copy with a couple 10 friends......

IMG_3401.jpg

.... thanks, Bob. I sometimes poke fun at D.C. collectors, but I'm actually one myself..... just not runs. I've always been especially drawn to the grey tones and would love to one day have an example from each run that had them. A very comprehensive list was attempted by some industrious boardies for the war genre..... but I would love to find an easily accessible list of the non war books, as Gerber is sorely lacking for D.C.'s of this era. GOD BLESS...

Anyone else out there who is a Superboy 79 fan, Worldwide just listed a decent CGC 8.5 a couple days ago....... and also a Superboy 80 in the same grade...... the 80 is driving me nuts with temptation, but I just can't afford it right now.... GOD BLESS...