• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,572 posts in this topic

Ace wears a mask to prevent other dogs from knowing who he is, natch! (They really do include that in the stories!)

He was often shown on the cover and included in stories for a couple years. Probably an attempt imitate the success of Krypto.

Love the thought of Supe stuffing the key under the mat!

WOW tth!

I think the expression is throw down the gauntlet, not the sword, your armor, and the horse!

And I didn't even break out the big gun yet! grin.gif Seriously, it's always nice to have an excuse to show off a few books, and to see other people's books. I love 10 cent SAs!!!

And very nice books, Actions below 300 are really tough to find in HG. I've said it before, but HG SA from 1956-1962, even mainstream titles, is often harder to find than a lot of HG GA. So few pedigrees cover this "dead" period for comics, and the few that do, such as White Mountain and Bethlehem, can be erratic in terms of grades, as you've pointed out. It's rumored that Western Penn goes back to this era, but I've only seen drips and drabs, although what little I've seen was very sharp.

WOW tth!

I think the expression is throw down the gauntlet, not the sword, your armor, and the horse!

And I didn't even break out the big gun yet! grin.gif Seriously, it's always nice to have an excuse to show off a few books, and to see other people's books. I love 10 cent SAs!!!

And very nice books, Actions below 300 are really tough to find in HG. I've said it before, but HG SA from 1956-1962, even mainstream titles, is often harder to find than a lot of HG GA. So few pedigrees cover this "dead" period for comics, and the few that do, such as White Mountain and Bethlehem, can be erratic in terms of grades, as you've pointed out. It's rumored that Western Penn goes back to this era, but I've only seen drips and drabs, although what little I've seen was very sharp.

What is the "big gun"????893whatthe.gif

scan 4 -- the scanner can't really capture the colors on this one.

722039-WW95.jpg

Very cool A-Bomb cover! Great colors on that one.

Even though the cover states that WW just saved Steve, with her hands in that position it looks as if she's about to make his neck go *SNAP*! crazy.gif

I'm getting ready to start a Dennis the Menace thread, so here is a preview: The best known copy of an impossible book to find in high grade. I've been looking since I was ten and this is the best I've ever seen. cloud9.gif By the way, this IS a ten center, not a zero center!!! 27_laughing.gif Keep the posts coming -- I'm loving it so far. Great thread idea, tth2!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Joe

722240-dennis.jpg

Thanks. I've been reading old posts and noticed that you had purchased the Dennis ebay lot. I tracked that lot but had other priorities at the time. those are wonderful books. post more when you get a chance.

A belated "thank you" to you for not bidding them up higher than they already were!!! grin.gif This Dennis #1 is not actually part of the Bethlehem collection. The Bethlehems were missing 1, 4, and 11 and look a good deal nicer than this.

By the way, I was so impressed by your Batman 92 comic I was just looking for one on ebay. There's not one copy -- in any shape. I'm focusing on getting 100 to 130 complete right now as I have 131 and up already.

Joe

WOW!!! Dennis the Menace #1! I've never seen that before, in any grade! Talk about tough to find. Dennis's are a totally different ballgame.

Joe, do you think you can post some of the great travel story covers? cloud9.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

WOW!!! Dennis the Menace #1! I've never seen that before, in any grade! Talk about tough to find. Dennis's are a totally different ballgame.

Joe, do you think you can post some of the great travel story covers? cloud9.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I will definitely post the first twenty of the giants and regular series, which is mostly Bethlehems. I know I keep saying I'm about to do it, but something always comes up. I am finished with my move into a new place, so they will be up very soon. I've got about half of them scanned and they're all in front of me, so it's about to happen!!!

Joe

Great covers, Harry! How many books in total were/are in your OO collection?

1000 books - split about 65% DC, 25% Marvel and 10% other..........

and from the looks of the "SA collectors - how old" poll, RJPB is right - i'm likely one of the very few folks who regularly post here who ever bought a 10 center off the rack..........age does have some small benefits........ cloud9.gif