• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,576 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, flashlites said:

You took it out of a CGC case!? Do tell more... I'm new to the CGC and have yet to send a book off ( I suffer from postal anxiety). Before I'd heard of the CGC I bought a book some years ago that had a CGC label behind the backing board. Apparently some do "crack them open"?

I prefer books that l keep in my permanent collection to be in mylar. Higher value books, often pedigree books, and books that I have less interest in keeping long-term, I leave slabbed.

Besides, the case was already cracked.

On 8/3/2018 at 3:11 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I prefer books that l keep in my permanent collection to be in mylar. Higher value books, often pedigree books, and books that I have less interest in keeping long-term, I leave slabbed.

Besides, the case was already cracked.

I totally agree, mylar shows off the books so well. And it takes up less space to disassemble slabs and keep those books in mylar.

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

When you need to stop a couple of experienced superheroes your best bet is to hire a gondolier with a stick to do it..

A very influential cover on the gondola chase in James Bond's Moonraker... lol(: