• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,623 posts in this topic

here are a few lesser seen DC 10 Centers;

1110540449314_B_B.jpg

hey, tth2, he's showing you books from the "good" part of the run. maybe you could trade that big gun of yours for of them. 27_laughing.gif

Hi Tim: I don't know where you are getting your info about the Western Pa collection and attributing it to me, but I think that you need to check your facts.

This isn't the first time that I've seen something that you have written and lol.

There were multiple copies of Showcase 4 which copy are you referring to.

The Showcase run was offered for sale a few years ago minus some of the key books and the condition had deteriorated from handling and storage. That is what I believe I told you, how you manufactured that into your statement is beyond me!

Oh, I forgot you're an attorney, that explains it! smile.gif

Best, Tom

Tom, I started to reply to this post and decided to send you a PM instead. This has been a great thread and I have no desire for it to get hijacked by a flamewar.

-Tim

better post something or i'll fall even further behind.

724590-Action204.jpg

724590-Action204.jpg.f20a5f013733491779d712a456dbb065.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

first cover since action 16 without superman

724596-Action210.jpg

724596-Action210.jpg.466a6db4f1f55a32a3be82bfa560b3b8.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Showcase 26 is a classic cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The various Superman and Batman titles are the main items missing from my collection. I was just never that into them, and the thought of having to go all the way back into the 1930s and 1940s to complete a run was just too daunting.

I'm about 95% certain the Bethlehem Showcase's were sold to Motor City as a lot in the early 90's.

(91-92?) After that I don't know what happened to them. (of cource I have been wrong before) blush.gif

I have a picture of him (MGoldmen) in front of em in one of my comic mags. (Overstreet monthly/quarterly?) I remember this was when Silver age was super hot and the Bethlehem Showcase's were considered to have some of the highest grade copies of the day.

I'll see if I can dig it out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edit

Here's some quick info I dug up....

The 9 sold at Christies for 10K in 94

Weiss (and Joe Rainone) bought them from Stanley Pachon (the original owner in 1990)

There was no AF15, FF1 or Flash 105 Rainone sold most of his right away while Weiss kept many of his for a while

I'll keep searching....

Edited by Rip

Hi Tim: I don't know where you are getting your info about the Western Pa collection and attributing it to me, but I think that you need to check your facts.

This isn't the first time that I've seen something that you have written and lol.

There were multiple copies of Showcase 4 which copy are you referring to.

The Showcase run was offered for sale a few years ago minus some of the key books and the condition had deteriorated from handling and storage. That is what I believe I told you, how you manufactured that into your statement is beyond me!

Oh, I forgot you're an attorney, that explains it! smile.gif

Best, Tom

Your post seems to imply that you have information about the Western Penns that could be of interest to the readers of this thread. Is it your source of amusement to "tease" the readers of this thread by withholding it? Why not just be a constructive contributor? I'm sure we'd all like to hear about the Western Penns as I own several myself. By the way, writing in complete sentences, not run-ons, may help us to understand what you are saying better.

Joe

I was told to post this because its a 10 cent-er.

See, don't you think it fits in here pretty well? 893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW, does anyone have a nice FF 1 or 2 to share with us here?

Edited by tth2

Welllllllll, I'm not sure that really counts. Ok, perhaps not a "live" Superman (he's not real right, we do believe we're on Earth Prime, correct? stooges.gif ), but it is "Superman" on the cover. poke2.gif

Two of them, in fact! yay.gif

there's a balloon and a statue of Superman, but there is no Superman.

tth2: you're a lawyer, right? -- can you get away with this in court?

I'm about 95% certain the Bethlehem Showcase's were sold to Motor City as a lot in the early 90's.

(91-92?) After that I don't know what happened to them. (of cource I have been wrong before) blush.gif

I have a picture of him (MGoldmen) in front of em in one of my comic mags. (Overstreet monthly/quarterly?) I remember this was when Silver age was super hot and the Bethlehem Showcase's were considered to have some of the highest grade copies of the day.

I'll see if I can dig it out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edit

Here's some quick info I dug up....

The 9 sold at Christies for 10K in 94

Weiss (and Joe Rainone) bought them from Stanley Pachon (the original owner in 1990)

There was no AF15, FF1 or Flash 105 Rainone sold most of his right away while Weiss kept many of his for a while

I'll keep searching....

Feel free to look it up, but that was not a hurried or careless post on my part. I do know the picture that you refer to, and he's holding the Newsboy copies. If you peruse the early issues, you'll also see the Bethlehem Showcase 4 held by Fred Khassian. Most of the early Beth. Showcases were sold at the time I mentioned.

Edited by adamstrange

the earlier version

723510-Action211.jpg

adam;

You are posting some rarely seen absolute stunners on some of these threads. cloud9.gif

Much better than seeing the usuual Marvel SA books which seems to be relatively common in high grade in comparison to early SA DC's.

The condition on virtually all of your books look to be right up there. During what time period did you purchase most of these books and what kind of multiples were they going for at the time? With your SA postings so far, am I to assume that you don't have any high grade GA or early Atom Age books within your collection?

Keep on posting these rarely seen gems. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Edited by lou_fine

i registered Feb 12 and already have 124 posts. many of them are books. you can look up all my post by selecting my avator or follow a partial set of links below.

amazing mys funnies are mine, re-posted by jbcomixbox since i hadn't figured out how to post properly

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gold&Number=719659&page=0&fpart=2

other posts have disappeared. been too busy at the scanner i guess.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=345720&page=0&fpart=42&vc=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=653631&page=0&fpart=4&vc=1

jayman re-posted these for me

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gold&Number=592290&page=0&fpart=35

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gold&Number=627462&page=0&fpart=11

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gold&Number=473372&page=0&fpart=29

and there's more in some silver/gold threads. this will get you started

the earlier version

adam;

You are posting some rarely seen absolute stunners on some of these threads. cloud9.gif

Much better than seeing the usuual Marvel SA books which seems to be relatively common in high grade in comparison to early SA DC's.

The condition on virtually all of your books look to be right up there. During what time period did you purchase most of these books and what kind of multiples were they going for at the time? With your SA postings so far, am I to assume that you don't have any high grade GA or early Atom Age books within your collection?

Keep on posting these rarely seen gems. 893applaud-thumb.gif

thanks, just trying to keep up with tth2.

"Much better than seeing the usuual Marvel SA books which seems to be relatively common in high grade in comparison to early SA DC's." This has been my experience.

"The condition on virtually all of your books look to be right up there. During what time period did you purchase most of these books and what kind of multiples were they going for at the time?"

Too many posted to answer. I started about 20 years ago. The scans approximate the books. Some books are better than the scan, some not quite as good. I love 'em all.

I'm mostly a 10 cent and early 12 cent collector. So that includes that GA and Atom Age.

Glad you enjoy them -- makes it worth the carpal tunnel!