• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gunsuits (New Series by Famous Monsters of Filmland)

4 posts in this topic

Not sure if any of you grew up on this magazine, but I did. As I got older I stopped reading it, and obviously with the legal battles and Forrest J Ackerman's health getting worse I assumed the magazine would no longer be around. Then I recently read on comics heating up that not only has Famous Monsters been revived but they are making the jump into comics. Not only that but it was their pick of the week.

The Pick of the Week

Gunsuits #1– Falling under the Famous Monsters banner (Love Famous Monsters of Filmland Mag) I couldn’t pass this one up. Sure to be a low print run on it. Giant Monsters and battle suits. I am in.

I went to TFAW and Midtown to immediately make orders, both sold out, luckily my LCS had a few copies of the Darick Robertson cover.

Great story, somewhere between Pacific Rim, Alien, and Edge of Tomorrow with a twist. Shame its only a mini, but looking at their site they've also got a horror book from Steve Niles/Nat Jones on the horizon.

Anyone else pick this up, if not I suggest you do, low print run, and looks like their new publisher comes from a Hollywood background. (I'm a Famous Monsters fanatic so I scoured the internet for all info on this reboot)