• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you ship your comics after they are graded? USPS,FedEx, or UPS

8 posts in this topic

I live overseas and my brother gets all my comics and forwards them to me. But shipping cost for my CGC comics gets pretty pricey because of the weight and possibly the box size w/ USPS. I have an APO address and CGC can't ship to it because it has many problems in their shipping system. So me and my brother devised this plan on him receiving the books and forwarding them to me. I fund all the shipping, and my brother doesn't have to pay a dime except use some of his free time. I was thinking about using UPS to my brother's house and then have him ship it USPS to my APO address. I know UPS is much cheaper in shipping cost but insurance on the books are only covered up to $100. I was wondering does anyone use the UPS/FedEx service to their house or go USPS all the way? Has anyone had any problems with any of the commercial services?

I set up a Fedex account and put the info on my CGC invoices.

Fedex charges my CC when CGC ships my books and nothing is dumped on my doorstep, everything needs a signature.

I have gotten about 30 boxes of slabs since I set up the account.

No complaints yet.

Fedex charges my CC when CGC ships my books and nothing is dumped on my doorstep, everything needs a signature.

No complaints yet.

Same here - the key is having 3rd party insurance because Fedex is only liable for $1,000 when it comes to collectibles.

With the melting of the inner well at high temperatures in transit, you should also look into a climate controlled, refrigerated method.

I just submitted books - with a three to four month turnaround time I don't think the heat will be an issue.

No complaints yet.

aren't the charges for FedEx a little more pricey than others? does it cost anything to setup an account with FedEx? if so...what are the prices?

No complaints yet.

aren't the charges for FedEx a little more pricey than others? does it cost anything to setup an account with FedEx? if so...what are the prices?

Setting up an account is free.

A box full of 30 CGC books (one invoice) runs about $30 bucks.

Unfortunately a box of 4-5 books (smaller CGC invoice) runs about $18-20 bucks.

It helps to spread the shipping by having more books on each invoice.