• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Disciples - Black Mask

54 posts in this topic

I also see a SSalefish Variant limited to 250 and a Rubber Chicken Comics Variant limited to 250. Forbidden Planet/Jetpack have some sort of dual variant and it is probably safe to say that they made more than 250 copies of that. The regular cover is, by far, the best cover visually (IMO). I hope that is all the covers for this one and I do like that 2 of the shop variants are pretty limited.

Regular cover is by far my favorite which hopefully I can grab, then I like the forbidden planet but I'm not going to buy it due to the book having several variants. Will be interesting to see what happens with the two shop variants being limited to 250 and nods to Wes craven.

Craven SS anyone?

Bought it, read it...kinda liked it. Kinda.

It's almost literally the same book as Caliban #1 (came out last year I think?). Seriously, the books are nearly identical, including the last page. So...hopefully they have a different story to tell?

Not exactly sold on the standard 'Religious Freaks' storyline....though some comic writers might be hard to convince you can be 'religous' and not be a 'freak'. I'd like to see them try to sell 'Athiest Freaks' sometime and see how it goes down.

Looks like 18 have sold @$19 (or close to it) for the Ssalefish variant today.

Full disclosure: I bought a decent stack of these. I certainly hope the book does well, but I haven't read it yet.

A lot of things get optioned these days, but the quality of the book itself will decide what happens in the near future. I happen to like Niles quite a bit. If it does end up being a show that's even decent the current price for either of the 250 run variants will seem almost free. A 250 print run will not last very long.