• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We Can Never Go Home (Black Mask)

322 posts in this topic

They just announced a new variant cover for the Baltimore Con limited to 50

Do you know what booth they will be selling these from?

Didn't see Black Flag Studios on the Exhibitors or retailers list.

Table A69

Per Matthew Rosenberg they ordered 50, but the printer made 200. From the ones i looked at, there will be very few 9.8s. Still i submitted 2 strong candidates for SS and onsite.

They just announced a new variant cover for the Baltimore Con limited to 50

Do you know what booth they will be selling these from?

Didn't see Black Flag Studios on the Exhibitors or retailers list.

Table A69

Per Matthew Rosenberg they ordered 50, but the printer made 200. From the ones i looked at, there will be very few 9.8s. Still i submitted 2 strong candidates for SS and onsite.

Thanks for the update! Looks like at least 1 has made it's way to ebay already...

Whats the difference with the Baltimore #1 variant and the store 200 print run variants?

Nothing?

Ok, cool.

I agree with you in theory, but the difference is the way they are distributed. One is sold at a show for $10 and usually sells out pretty fast to the general public. Most people are not at the show or have no chance to buy them with the exception of already inflated ebay prices. The other ones are limited to 200 and are sold online for whatever the retailer deems necessary. They are also competing with 10 other covers that are very similar and all released at the same time. I know it seems the same, but it is a mental thing that attracts everyone to it. The general populace is always going to be drawn to something that they can not easily obtain. I would guess that 99 out of 100 times a show variant is going to be more valuable/sought after/talked about than a shop variant of the same numbering. I will say that I don't even think these should be considered first prints because they are being released 100 years after the original release and if they went back to print repeatedly these are like 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. prints. It is what it is and you just have to adapt what, you think, people will want and buy/hoard/sell accordingly.

Whats the difference with the Baltimore #1 variant and the store 200 print run variants?

Nothing?

Ok, cool.

Since you asked Jimmy....

The HUGE difference:

The shop variants are FIRST printings.

The show variants are later printing's. ( Baltimore is a ltd fifth print variant )

Anyway...

They just announced on Facebook: "Just a head up- we will have 2 special items for New York Comic Con as it is our last major convention of the year. Both are limited to under 100, both are pretty awesome. One will be announced soon... and one will be a secret!"

This puts them at 39 confirmed variants for a 5 issue series. As a collector, this book is starting to burn me out.

They just announced on Facebook: "Just a head up- we will have 2 special items for New York Comic Con as it is our last major convention of the year. Both are limited to under 100, both are pretty awesome. One will be announced soon... and one will be a secret!"

This puts them at 39 confirmed variants for a 5 issue series. As a collector, this book is starting to burn me out.

We kept pestering the writer to bring in some copies of the New York variant when he was at the booth in Baltimore. He said no but I think he said one of the New York variants would have only 50 copies or something crazy low.

Don't know why anyone would bother jumping through all the hoops. :screwy:

To make $$$???

Possibly in the long run from the buzz these get but I don't see much money being made when printing 50 books. That's got to be pretty costly, in addition to only having 50 or whatever copies to sell at a markup.

Don't know why anyone would bother jumping through all the hoops. :screwy:

To make $$$???

Possibly in the long run from the buzz these get but I don't see much money being made when printing 50 books. That's got to be pretty costly, in addition to only having 50 or whatever copies to sell at a markup.

I think he's talking about the vultures leeches flippers